Nature's Charm Young Green Jackfruit In Brine Description
The most versatile vegan meat substitute! Simply drain, shred and heat, and enjoy as an ideal pulled pork or chicken substitute in your fave sauce! Amazing in tacos, sloppy joes, and so much more.
Store at a dry cool place advoid direct sunlight. Refrigerate after opening.
Dairy, egg, soy, gluten, lactose, cholesterol,trans fat, preservative and cruelty.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 2 oz (56 g)
Servings per Container: 5
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0.5 g||1%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g||7%|
|Total Sugar||1 g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mg||0%|
Other Ingredients: Young green jackfruit, water & salt.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Vegan Jackfruit Empanadas
If you’ve never used jackfruit as a meat replacement, you’re seriously missing out. It has the structure of pulled pork and beautifully takes on the flavors it mixes with. These jackfruit empanadas incorporate onion, red bell pepper, fresh garlic, tomato paste and a handful of other savory, sweet and umami ingredients. Make the dough with sprouted wheat flour, some superfood seeds, lemon and a pinch of salt for a clean-eating hand pie that will astound and delight everyone who comes to sit at your table.
Vegan Jackfruit Empanadas
- 1 can (20 oz.) jackfruit (drained and chopped)
- ½ cup red onion (small chop)
- 1-2 Tbsp. chopped green onion (chopped)
- ½ cup red bell pepper (small chop)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 tsp. roasted garlic powder
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. smoked coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups sprouted whole wheat flour
- 1-½ Tbsp. hemp seeds (or chia, sesame or amaranth)
- 1-2 tsp. salt
- 5/8 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp. avocado oil (or olive oil)
- In pan over medium heat, heat avocado oil. Add garlic and sauté several minutes until fragrant. Add onions and red pepper and sauté another 5-6 minutes. Mix in dried spices and jackfruit, cover and cook 5 minutes.
- In bowl, mix tomato paste, maple syrup, aminos, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Add to pan with jackfruit and mix well. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook 5 -10 minutes.
- In bowl, mix together flour, seeds and salt. Add water in center. Mix well. Add lemon juice. Mix again and add oil. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
On clean flat work area dusted with flour, work and stretch dough with hands. Using rolling pin, work dough until very thin. Cut into shapes of choice. (Note: Use 4-inch cookie cutter, if desired.)
- Scoop filing onto one piece of shaped dough and place another piece of dough on top. Using fork or crimping tool, seal together edges. Brush pies with small amount of oil.
- Arrange on sheet pan and bake about 20 minutes until golden-brown.
Add the ingredients to your cart and order now!