The perfect balance of sweet and tart, this raw vegan cream pie will be the cherry (or strawberry, rather) on top of your special day. While most raw vegan treats are pretty nut-heavy, this pie is on the lighter side, featuring creamy frozen bananas combined with strawberries, dates and just the right amount of cashews to smooth it all up!
Whether you’re celebrating with your significant other or going to a galentine’s day potluck, this colorful pink pie is sure to score some love points. Plus, it’s a completely guilt-free dessert (only 335 calories per slice!) that’s packed with nutritious ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
For an extra-special touch, opt for making this cake in a heart-shaped pan for a sweet Valentine’s Day experience!
1.5 cups dried white mulberries
3 cups deglet noor dates, tightly packed (about 60 dates)
3 ripe bananas, peeled & frozen
3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight & drained
1/2 cup filtered water
2 medjool dates, pitted
2 cups chopped fresh, whole strawberries
4 medjool dates, pitted
1 Tbsp. chia seeds
1/4 cup water
- To make crust, pulse mulberries in food processer until broken down. Add dates and process until mixture is crumbly and sticky.
- Line cake pan with parchment paper. Using fingers, press crust mixture into pan until entire surface is covered. Set aside.
- In blender, combine filling ingredients until completely smooth.
- Pour onto crust and smooth out with spatula. Place in freezer for 1-2 hours until mixture hardens. (This is a great time to get started on the next step!)
- To make strawberry drizzle, blend ingredients until smooth. (Tip: Leave on strawberry greens for maximum nutrient benefit!)
- When cake is frozen, top with strawberry drizzle using teaspoon (you can do this before or after slicing individual pieces). Garnish with fresh strawberries, slice into eight pieces and serve!