Live Happy. Live Healthy. Live NOW. | Vitacost.com
NOW Foods Certified Organic Non-Fat Dry Milk Powder Description
NOW Real Food Organic Non-Fat Dry Milk Powder is a dehydrated milk product with only the cream and water removed. It's ideal for baking since it has a much longer shelf life than liquid milk, typically several months at room temperature. Properly stored in a cool, dry place Non-Fat Dry Milk Powder can last even longer. To reconstitute, simply mix ¾ cup of powder per quart of water in a blender and mix thoroughly. In recipes calling for milk, substitute reconstituted Non-Fat Dry Milk in place of milk.
Because you are what you eat, NOW Real Food has been committed to providing delicious, healthy, natural and organic foods since 1968. We're independent, family owned, and proud of it. Keep it natural. Keep it real.
Gluten and GMOs
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 3 Tbsp. (26 g)
Servings per Container: About 13
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Cholesterol Less than||5 mg||2%|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g||4%|
| Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
| Sugars||13 g|
Other Ingredients: Organic non-fat dry milk powder.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Cranberry-Citrus Cinnamon Rolls
Cinnamon rolls… but make them festive! Challenge accepted. Sweet on the outside, tart on the inside, these brunch-y treats are perfect for winter-themed festivities. They’re stuffed with a zesty cranberry filling and iced with a delicious cream cheese frosting to induce tasty holiday cheer.
Cranberry-Citrus Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 2 Tbsp. warm water
- 1 tsp. honey
- 4 Tbsp. water
- 4 Tbsp. milk
- 3 Tbsp. King Arthur Organic Unbleached White Whole Wheat Flour
- 3 cups King Arthur Organic Unbleached White Whole Wheat Flour, (divided)
- 1 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Ancient Fine Sea Salt
- 3 Tbsp. dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 Tsp. vanilla bean
- 4 Tbsp. Organic Valley Ghee (or melted butter, plus more for brushing)
- 1 egg, (room temperature)
- 1 Tsp. lime zest
- 3 Tbsp. ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 5 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1-1/2 tsp. milk
- In bowl, mix to combine all yeast ingredients. Set aside until yeast rises.
- In small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine all roux ingredients. Whisk until smooth, paste-like consistency forms. Set aside.
- In bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients, reserving 1/2 cup flour.
- In another bowl, combine wet ingredients. Add yeast mixture to bowl.
- In large bowl or stand mixer, combine wet ingredients, dry ingredients and roux mixture. Use hands (or electrical mixer) to knead dough, around 4-5 minutes. Shape dough into ball. Note: Dough will be sticky. Sprinkle reserved flour to work into dough as needed.
- Transfer dough ball to greased mixing bowl, cover with clean cloth and let rest for 45-60 minutes until it rises. When ready, deflate dough.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out dough into an 18- x 12-in. rectangle.
- Lightly brush dough with ghee or melted butter. Top with cinnamon and light brown sugar and gently pat it all down. Spread on cranberry sauce and top with dried cranberries.
- From the long side, carefully fold in edges and start rolling, folding and pinching dough into a log shape. Cut log into 1.5-in. pieces.
- Grease 9-in. pan and line with parchment paper. Transfer rolls to pan.
- Cover rolls with clean cloth for 20 minutes until they rise just enough to crowd each other. 10. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Tip: For a golden finish, gently brush cinnamon rolls with egg wash or milk. Bake 30-35 minutes.
- In bowl, combine icing ingredients until smooth. Once cinnamon rolls are cool to the touch, spread icing on top and serve.
- To preserve freshness, refrigerate in glass food storage container and reheat in toaster oven before serving.
- Order the ingredients you need to make this festive recipe at Vitacost.com!