Live Happy. Live Healthy. Live NOW. | Vitacost.com
NOW Foods Nutritional Yeast Flakes Description
NOW Nutritional Yeast delivers the natural nutrient profile found in Genuine Whole Foods.
NOW® pleasant tasting Nutritional Yeast Flakes are produced from a specially selected strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. This yeast is grown on enriched purified cane and beet molasses under carefully controlled conditions. This is a primary grown yeast and is therefore NOT a brewery by-product as is brewer's yeast. This ensures freedom from Candida albicans yeast.
Suggested Usage: Take 2 level tablespoons daily mixed in milk, fruit juice or vegetable juice. If can also be used in vegetarian recipes or added to protein shakes to boost nutritional content. Store in a cool, dry place after opening.
Not manufactured with wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, fish, shellfish or tree nut ingredients. Produced in a GMP facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 2 Level Tbsp. (9 g)
Servings per Container: About 32
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat Less than||0.5 g||<1%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g||1%|
| Dietary Fiber||2 g||7%|
| Total Sugars||0 g|
| Including 0g added sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
|Vitamin B6||6 mg||350%|
|Folate (405 mcg Folic Acid)||675 mcg DFE||170%|
|Vitamin B12||14 mcg||580%|
Other Ingredients: Dried yeast, niacin, pyridoxine hydrochloride ( B6), riboflavin, thiamin hydrochloride (thiamin), folic acid, cobalamin (B12).
Natural color variation may occur in this product.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Vegan Tofu Mini Quiches
Vegans don’t eat quiche... Until now, that is! This recipe uses tofu and nutritional yeast in place of eggs and cheese to create these zesty, potato-crusted, veggie-packed mini quiches. They’re perfect for a quick, grab-and-go breakfast or as a crowd-pleasing appetizer. Try them with your favorite vegetables and toppings—but we love them stuffed with asparagus and yellow squash and topped with cherry tomatoes and green onions.
Makes 24 mini quiches
12 oz. block firm tofu, pressed for 10 minutes
2 tsp. nutritional yeast
1 tsp. pink salt
1/2 tsp. herbs de Provence
1/2 tsp. turmeric
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/8 tsp. black pepper
4 asparagus spears, diagonally sliced
½ red potato, finely sliced
? yellow squash, diced
¼ cup diced yellow onion
Cherry tomatoes, sliced, to top
Green onions, diced, to top
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a mini muffin pan with coconut oil.
- In a bowl of cold, salted water, soak potato slices. Then, drain and rinse and set to dry on a clean towel or paper towel.
- Press one potato slice in each mini muffin tin to cover the bottom and sides. Bake for 8-15 minutes or until crisp. Don’t let them get too dark or burnt. When done, set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, combine tofu with herbs, spices and yellow onion. Process until smooth and fully combined. Transfer to medium bowl. Gently fold in asparagus and squash and mix until incorporated into tofu mixture.
- Place potato slices back into muffin tins and top with tofu mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. If desired, broil for the last few minutes for a crispier quiche.
- Serve warm, topped with cherry tomatoes and green onions.