Live Happy. Live Healthy. Live NOW. | Vitacost.com
NOW Foods Raw Walnuts Unsalted Description
There are a lot of nuts out there these days, but none as enjoyably edible as Walnuts. They're used in more cooked foods than perhaps any other nut in the world., making an excellent addition to salads, casseroles, desserts, breakfast foods, and more, and are just as good eaten raw, roasted or toasted.
Aside from their culinary popularity, Walnuts are an excellent source of nutrition, providing healthy fatty acids. Just like their nutty cousins, they're also a good source of protein. Adding NOW Real Food Walnuts to your diet is a tasty and nutritious way to improve your health and well-being without going nuts.
Supportive but not conclusive research shows that eating 1.5 ounces per day of walnuts, as part of a low saturated fat and low cholesterol diet and not result in increased caloric intake, may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. See nutrition information for fat and calorie content.
This product has been packed using NOW Real Food KeepFresh Technology™ to maximize freshness.
Because you are what you eat. NOW Real Food has been committed to providing delicious, healthy, natural and organic foods since 1968. We're independent, family owned, and proud of it. Keep it natural. Keep it real.
Refrigeration recommended after opening.
Gluten and GMOs
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup (30 g)
Servings per Container: About 11
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||180|
|Total Fat||20 g||31%|
| Saturated Fat||2 g||10%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g||1%|
| Dietary Fiber||2 g||8%|
| Sugars||1 g|
Other Ingredients: Raw walnuts.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
View printable version
Four-Tiered Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Carrot cake has become a traditional Easter dessert, with the carrots evoking the Easter Bunny as well as the coming spring with its rebirth and abundance. This showstopping four-layer version is classically moist, tender and crumbly, with warm flavors of cinnamon, brown sugar and vanilla. And of course, the generous amounts of sweet shredded carrots and chopped walnuts taste slightly earthy under a cloud of cream cheese frosting. But you won’t want to limit this cake to Easter alone – serve it to rave reviews whenever life calls for a beautiful dessert.
Four-Tiered Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1-¼ cups vegetable oil
- 1-¼ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Unbleached White All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 cups shredded carrots (about 1 lb.)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 lb. cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 8-inch cake pans and line bottoms with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together oil, sugars, vanilla extract and eggs. Add dry ingredients and mix to combine, taking care not to overmix. Fold in carrots and walnuts.
- Portion batter equally between pans and spread evenly. Bake 45-60 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center of each cake comes out clean. Chill completely in refrigerator before unmolding.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating thoroughly between additions, then stir in vanilla.
- Unmold both cakes and lay on parchment paper on flat surface to slice each cake in half. Using ruler, measure halfway up side of each cake and insert toothpick to mark spot. Continue measuring around sides so there are at least four toothpicks inserted. Take string and snuggly wrap around cake on top of each toothpick. Cross ends of string in front of cake and pull them away from each other to slice cake into two even layers.
- Choose one of the four layers to be bottom layer and evenly smooth on about ? cup frosting. Top with another layer of cake and repeat until there are four cake layers and three frosting layers. Make sure cake edges line up. Smooth remaining frosting over top and sides. Refrigerate until set, then slice and serve.
- Garnish idea: Use vegetable Y peeler to shave extra carrots into ribbons to make curls. Roll up each carrot ribbon starting at narrow end and rolling toward wider end. Arrange as desired onto cake, pressing lightly into frosting to hold curl.
Add the ingredients to your cart and order now!