Cranberry-Citrus Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 2 Tbsp. warm water
- 1 tsp. honey
- 4 Tbsp. water
- 4 Tbsp. milk
- 3 Tbsp. King Arthur Organic Unbleached White Whole Wheat Flour
- 3 cups King Arthur Organic Unbleached White Whole Wheat Flour, (divided)
- 1 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Ancient Fine Sea Salt
- 3 Tbsp. dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 Tsp. vanilla bean
- 4 Tbsp. Organic Valley Ghee (or melted butter, plus more for brushing)
- 1 egg, (room temperature)
- 1 Tsp. lime zest
- 3 Tbsp. ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 5 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1-1/2 tsp. milk
- In bowl, mix to combine all yeast ingredients. Set aside until yeast rises.
- In small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine all roux ingredients. Whisk until smooth, paste-like consistency forms. Set aside.
- In bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients, reserving 1/2 cup flour.
- In another bowl, combine wet ingredients. Add yeast mixture to bowl.
- In large bowl or stand mixer, combine wet ingredients, dry ingredients and roux mixture. Use hands (or electrical mixer) to knead dough, around 4-5 minutes. Shape dough into ball. Note: Dough will be sticky. Sprinkle reserved flour to work into dough as needed.
- Transfer dough ball to greased mixing bowl, cover with clean cloth and let rest for 45-60 minutes until it rises. When ready, deflate dough.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out dough into an 18- x 12-in. rectangle.
- Lightly brush dough with ghee or melted butter. Top with cinnamon and light brown sugar and gently pat it all down. Spread on cranberry sauce and top with dried cranberries.
- From the long side, carefully fold in edges and start rolling, folding and pinching dough into a log shape. Cut log into 1.5-in. pieces.
- Grease 9-in. pan and line with parchment paper. Transfer rolls to pan.
- Cover rolls with clean cloth for 20 minutes until they rise just enough to crowd each other. 10. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Tip: For a golden finish, gently brush cinnamon rolls with egg wash or milk. Bake 30-35 minutes.
- In bowl, combine icing ingredients until smooth. Once cinnamon rolls are cool to the touch, spread icing on top and serve.