Nutiva Chia Seeds Ground Description
- Nurture Vitality
- Delicious Shake Mix
- 5 g Fiber-3 g Protein and 2.5g Omega-3 Per Serving
- Non GMO Project Verified
- Certified Gluten Free
The people of the ancient Aztec and Mayan empires revered chia seeds as vital nourishment. These mighty non-gluten seeds, packed with Omega-3, protein, rare antioxidants, and fiber, are making a string comeback in the 21st century. Ground chia seeds are finely milled and provide a smoother texture for blending into smoothies and oatmeal, or for baking.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp. (12 g)
Servings per Container: About 28
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||25|
|Total Fat||3 g||5%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g||*|
| Polyunsaturated Fat||2.5 g||0%|
| Monounsaturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g||2%|
| Dietary Fiber||5 g||20%|
| Sugars||0 g||*|
*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: Raw, organic chia seeds.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Mocha Coconut Ice Pops
Hooked on cold brew? Normally, you enjoy the chilly caffeinated beverage in a cup or mug. Want to try it on a popsicle stick? This ice pop recipe gives your favorite drink a fun twist. Plus, it’s loaded with good-for-you ingredients and superfoods, like chia seeds, maca, coconut and cacao. Admittedly, this frozen treat might be better for you than your daily cup of joe. Give it a whirl--literally!
2-1/4 cups almond milk
1 oz. cold-brewed coffee
3 Tbsp. ground black chia seeds
1 Tbsp. maca powder
4 Tbsp. coconut sugar
1 tsp. vanilla bean powder
1 tsp. cacao powder
- In high-speed blender, combine almond milk, coffee, chia seeds, maca, coconut sugar and vanilla and process until thoroughly combined.
- Pour mixture into ice pop mold so they’re about 3/4 of the way filled. You should still have mixture remaining.
- Sprinkle a layer of shredded coconut about half inch thick onto each.
- In blender, combine remaining base mixture with cacao powder and pour over shredded coconut, filling to top of ice pop mold. (If necessary to fill to top, add more almond milk.)
- Freeze for at least 4-6 hours, but overnight is best.
- Serve frozen, sprinkled with additional coconut.