Nutiva Organic Chia Seed Black Description
Small super-seeds with a large workload
Superfood powers packed into small, organic black seeds
Harvested from a flowering plant native to South America
Non-GMO Project Verified and certified gluten free
Enjoy 2.5 g omega-3 per serving, plus magnesium, iron & calcium
One of the tiniest, tastiest toppings for yogurt, salads and more!
Though discovered by the Aztecs centuries ago, chia seeds are well-suited for modern diets. These nutritional ninjas are equipped with magnesium, fiber and essential fatty acids.
With Nutiva Organic Superfood Black Chia Seeds, you can spruce up yogurt, salads, soups or smoothies. Like ninjas, you won’t detect them, since they have no distinct taste. But when added to water, chia seeds make a statement. They plump up, helping to keep you feeling full for hours. To the chia seed, it’s just another day at the office.
Soak 2 tablespoons of seeds for 5-10 minutes in 6 ounces of water to produce a nutritious gel that can be added to countless recipes.
Store in a cool, dry place away from sunlight. Keeps for up to two years.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp. (12 g)
Servings per Container: About 28
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||25|
|Total Fat||3 g||5%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
| Polyunsaturated Fat||2.5 g|
| Monounsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g||2%|
| Dietary Fiber||5 g||20%|
| Sugars||0 g|
Other Ingredients: Raw, organic chia seeds.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Vegan Blueberry Muffins
It’s so satisfying to make baked goods that taste even better than corner bakery favorites. And when they’re actually healthier for you – like these vegan blueberry muffins – it’s a big, happy win (and you know the recipe is a keeper)! Free of dairy, eggs and gluten, this recipe combines wholesome ingredients with a kick of protein from an added scoop of vanilla plant-based protein powder
. Sunflower seed butter and a flax “egg” work like magic to create unbeatably moist muffins.
Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed meal
- 2 Tbsp. filtered water
- ½ cup Sproud Plant-Based Milk
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1-½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 Tbsp. SunButter Sunflower Butter
- 1/4 cup Nutiva Refined Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup Nutiva Coconut Sugar
- ½ tsp. Redmond Real Salt
- 1 cup organic blueberries
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Chia Seeds
Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- ¾ cup Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Flour
- ¾ cup Nutiva Organic MCT Plant-Based Protein Powder-Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 12-cup muffin tray with paper or reusable liners.
- In small bowl, mix together flax and water. Let sit 10 minutes to form gel.
- In medium bowl, combine gluten-free flour mix ingredients.
- In separate bowl, stir together milk, apple cider vinegar and baking soda.
- In large bowl, mix together coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar and SunButter. Add flax mixture and whisk, then stir in milk mixture. Lastly, add flour mix and salt and combine well.
- Gently stir in blueberries and chia seeds.
- Pour batter evenly among liners and bake 24 minutes or until golden brown. (Note: Toothpick inserted in center should come out clean.)
- Let cool in pan 15 minutes.
Recipe Notes: This nourishing recipe and others can be found in Liana Werner-Gray’s cookbook Anxiety Free with Food.
Add the ingredients to your cart to make these muffins!