One Degree Organics Organic Sprouted Spelt Flour Description
Farmer Brewin Grew This Pure Veganic Spelt in Alberta, Canada. Roy Likes to Call This Golden "The California of Canada"
One Degree farmers are proud to stand behind their harvests. That's why you'll see their photos right on our packaging. But that's just the first step. Scan our QR code to make an extraordinary level of transparency come alive.
Discover the benefits of adding a variety of pure, non-hybridized whole grains to your diet. Our spelt is a Non-GMO Project Verified ancient grain that is a favorite protein source for many vegetarians. We grow it using veganic farming methods - in soil enriched by crop rotation and plant-based fertilizer, without the use of animal by-products or compounds that may be harmful to people and the planet.
Once harvest is done, we sprout our grains, triggering an explosion of taste and increasing vital nutrients. We retain 100% of the grain's bran and germ, and preserve nutrients by keeping temperatures low when processing our raw spelt flour.
In your own kitchen, it's a perfectly delicious 1-to-1 substitute for regular wheat flour!
What's In A Name?
Our name promises you'll never have more than one degree of separation between you and the source of your food. We keep this promise with our fresh concepts of 10% ingredient transparency and veganic cultivation. Every One Degree product fulfills these fundamental ideals:
You have the power to trace every ingredient.
Our farmers are proud of their harvests, and never anonymous.
Free of harmful pesticides and other chemicals.
Grown with plant-based fertilizers only - no animal by-products of any kind.
We've never once thought about improving nature's designs!
Product not intended for raw consumption.
GMO ingredients, peanuts.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup (37 g)
Servings per Container: 0
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||1 g||1%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||26 g||9%|
| Dietary Fiber||4 g||14%|
| Total Sugars||3 g|
| Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
Other Ingredients: Organic sprouted spelt kernels.
Product made in a Peanut Free facility.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Cherry Almond Biscotti
In Italian, “biscotti” means twice-cooked and these cookies are delightfully crunchy from two trips to the oven. Biscotti are a great sweet indulgence as they’re lighter than most cookies and lower in fat and sugar. This vegan recipe runs with that trait by going dairy free and incorporating pure maple syrup and extra-virgin coconut oil instead of refined oil and sugars. The spelt and almond flours add protein and a nutty, rich and buttery flavor. You’ve got to bake these easy treats – twice!
Cherry Almond Biscotti
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¾ cup spelt flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup dried cherries (coarsely chopped)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin coconut oil (melted)
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, spelt flour, salt, baking powder and dried cherries.
- In separate, smaller bowl, whisk together maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined. (Note: You may need to gently knead dough by hand in order to achieve desired doughy texture.)
- Divide dough into two equal parts on baking sheet. Shape each part into rounded rectangle resembling a flattened log, approximately 2x4-in. long and 1-in. high. Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 20-30 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Using sharp serrated knife, cut each log crosswise into ½-in. slices. Lay slices flat on baking sheet and return to oven. Bake additional 7-8 minutes, or until lightly golden. Let cool completely.
Order the great ingredients you need from Vitacost.com!