RawGuru Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds Organic Description
Crunchy, light, and airy, our organic sprouted pumpkin seeds have been soaked to activate their germination process, then low temperature dehydrated. Pumpkin seeds offer a great source of trace minerals- most notably immune boosting zinc. These "activated" seeds are germinated to remove phytic acid for enhanced nutrient assimilation and easier digestion. Try sprinkling them on salads and soups, or simply eat by the handful as a nutritious, sugar-free snack.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 oz (28 g)
Servings per Container: 16
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||13 g||17%|
| Saturated Fat||3.5 g||18%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g||1%|
| Fiber||3 g||11%|
| Total Sugars Less than||1 g|
| Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
Other Ingredients: Sprouted organic raw pumpkin seeds.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Pumpkin Seed Caramel Brittle
Candy is dandy, but the high-fructose corn syrup, dyes and other processed ingredients it often contains is not.
Take a stab at making your own with this pumpkin seed caramel brittle recipe. This sweet treat calls for high-grade maple syrup, nutritious pumpkin seeds
and seasonal spices that will surely get you in the festive mood. Before making this recipe, make sure you have a candy thermometer handy for best results. Ready to go? Let’s bring on the brittle!
Pumpkin Seed Caramel Brittle
- 1 3/4 cup 336g cane sugar
- 1/2 cup 120ml maple syrup
- 1/2 cup 120ml water
- 5 Tbsp. plant-based butter
- 3/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/3 cups roasted unsalted hulled pumpkin seeds (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Arrange pumpkin seeds on baking sheet in an even layer and roast for 10 minutes. Remove from oven to cool.
- In small pot on medium-high heat, bring maple syrup and sugar to boil (do not stir). Use candy thermometer – once it reaches 300 degrees F or “hard crack stage*” add butter, pumpkin pie spice, salt, vanilla, baking soda and 1 ¼ cups pumpkin seeds.
- Quickly transfer mixture to prepared baking sheet. Spread into an even layer and top with remaining pumpkin seeds. Allow brittle to cool completely, about 30 minutes, before breaking into pieces.
- When cooking sugar at high temperatures, keep your area clean and use caution. If the hot liquid gets on your skin, do not smear it to avoid spreading the burn. Run cold water over affected area immediately and seek assistance as needed.
- *Hard crack stage is a cooking term meaning that a sugar syrup has reached 300 degrees F.
- Order the ingredients you need for this recipe at Vitacost.com!