Selina Naturally Celtic Sea Salt Fine Ground Description
- Taste the Salt Recommended by Health Professionals and Culinary Chefs
- Vital Mineral Blend
- Doctor Recommended Since 1976
- Sustainably Harvested
- More Nutritious than table salt
- Kosher Certified
- Exquisite Taste
Fine Ground Celtic Sea Salt® is the perfect all-purpose salt with a more subtle flavor than our coarse salts and is convenient for use in a salt shaker, as an ingredient, or in baking.
Celtic Sea Salt brand has won the recommendation of Doctors, Nutritionists and Chefs world-wide since 1976.
Fine Ground Celtic Salt has no additives and is not processed in nay way beyond lightly drying and grinding. Our sustainable harvesting methods combine tradition with innovation designed to preserve the vital balance of the ocean's minerals.
Being 3rd generation family owned we choose mindful practices to help preserve this planet for generations to come.
Over 40+ years Experience as the leading sea salt brand has given us the knowledge of quality standards you should expect from a high mineral sea salt:
Regular Inspection at Harvesting Site
Fair Business Practices with our Farmers
3rd party Laboratory Analyzed on Confirm Mineral Content and pH
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 tsp (1.3 g)
Servings per Container: 351
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
Other Ingredients: Sea salt.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Indian Honey-Coconut Cake
Most South Indian bakeries offer squares of distinctly spiced honey cake, usually topped with a honey glaze, spread with jam and sprinkled with coconut flakes. Make your own at home with this honey cake recipe. Start with a batter including orange juice and orange zest for tang, cardamom for spice, sweetened condensed milk for richness and optional rose water for a floral flair. Pierce the cooled cake with a toothpick all over, and drench with a clover honey syrup. Slather preserves of your choice on top and finish it off with a sprinkling of shredded coconut. Pull out the measuring tape to slice precise squares, or dig in any way you choose!
Indian Honey-Coconut Cake
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup (118 mL) orange juice
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1/2 cup (118 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. (6 g.) vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/8 tsp. rose water
- 1-1/2 cups (204 g.) unbleached white all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp. (6 g.) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
Simple Honey Syrup
- 1/2 cup (170 g.) clover honey
- 1/4 cup (59 mL) water
- 1/4 cup (48 g.) sugar
- 2 Tbsp. (15 g.) shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (154 g.) preserves of choice, warmed
- With oven rack in center of oven, preheat to 350 degrees F. Grease and line square 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Into medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cardamom.
- In separate bowl, whisk together orange juice, orange zest, sweetened condensed milk, vegetable oil, and optional rose water until combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, whisking as you go.
- Pour batter into lined baking pan and remove air pockets by tapping on the counter.
- Bake for 35–40 minutes, or until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cake cool 10 minutes before running a knife along the edges and releasing the cake.
Honey Syrup and Topping
- In small saucepan on medium-high heat, stir water and sugar with spatula until sugar crystals dissolve. Bring to a simmer and cook 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in honey. Set aside.
- With toothpick or skewer, prick top of cooled cake all over.
- Slowly pour honey syrup over the cake, using a spoon to spread the syrup as you pour.
- Using a spoon, spread preserves over cake and sprinkle with coconut.
- Using a serrated knife, trim outer ¼-inch of cake. Slice cake into eight 2 x 3.5-inch rectangles and serve.
Grab these ingredients and more at Vitacost.com.