Shiloh Farms Organic Bulgur Wheat Description
Real Food Since 1942
Wholesome, Healthy Foods
100% Whole Grain
SHILOH FARMS looks to the fullness of nature's bounty for products made with only the purest ingredients. Never fake, never artificial - only authentic, wholesome flavor, the way nature intended!
Versatile, easy to prepare & ready in minutes, bulgur wheat is a delicious whole grain addition to any meal! It's also wonderfully good for you, high in fiber, protein, & other vital nutrients.
Sort & rinse. Add 1 cup bulgur to 2 cups boiling water, cover, & simmer for 15-25 minutes, or until grain is tender & liquid is absorbed.
To heighten flavor, lightly toast before cooking.
Cook in juice or milk for a filling hot breakfast; sweeten & top with chopped nuts or fruit.
Sub for rice in stir-fries, salads, stuffings & pilafs.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup Dry (45 g)
Servings per Container: About 10
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||7|
|Total Fat||1 g||1%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||33 g||11%|
| Dietary Fiber||6 g||23%|
| Sugars||0 g|
Other Ingredients: Organic whole grain whilte wheat (parboiled, dried & cracked)
This product was packaged using equipment that also handles wheat, soy, & tree nuts.
Best if kept in cool, dry area.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Mediterranean Tabbouleh Summer Rolls
Who told you there's no such thing as finger-food salad? Here, tabbouleh – a Mediterranean salad made with whole-food ingredients – is tucked neatly into summer rolls for a unique twist on these classic Asian hand-helds. Bulgur, a nutty, ancient grain full of fiber and protein, is mixed with veggies and fresh mint, then rolled in delicate rice paper. Use your favorite Greek dressing or tzatziki sauce as a dip, and enjoy this dish as an appetizer, side dish or light lunch.
Mediterranean Tabbouleh Summer Rolls
- 1 pkg. Star Anise Foods Vietnamese Brown Rice Spring Roll Wrapper
- 1 cup Shiloh Farms Organic Bulgur Wheat
- 1 large tomato (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup mint leaves (washed/stems removed)
- 1 purple onion (diced)
- 1 large carrot (grated)
- ½-1 tsp. Simple Truth Organic Ground Allspice
- ½ lime
- 2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Ancient Fine Sea Salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
Optional: 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Greek dressing (or tzatziki sauce)
- Rinse bulgur thoroughly; transfer to a bowl. Add hot water to cover, plus 1 tsp. salt; let sit 30 minutes or until grain is tender.
- Strain bulgur and return to dry bowl. Season with ½ tsp. salt, allspice, pepper, lime and optional olive oil. Set aside 10 minutes to absorb flavors.
- In food processor, combine ½ cup of seasoned bulgur and 10-12 mint leaves. Blend 10-20 seconds. (Note: Do not over process.) Return mixture to bowl and stir to combine.
- In shallow bowl, add warm-hot water and ½ tsp. salt. Dip wrapper for 3-4 seconds until translucent.
- On flat surface, lay out wrapper. Layer on 3 to 4 mint leaves, bulgur mixture, carrots, onions and tomatoes. Fold sides inward and roll. Repeat for all rolls.
- Serve with Greek dressing or tzatziki sauce.
Note: Refrigerate up to three days in airtight container.
Add the ingredients to your cart and get rolling!