Simple Truth Organic Green Lentils Description
- Excellent Source of Fiber
- Organically Grown
- No Preservatives
- USDA Organic
- 1 lb
It's the Simple Truth
Easy to find, understand and afford, Simple Truth from Kroger makes enjoying organic, natural and wellness products simply...better. All items are free from 101+ artificial preservatives and ingredients so you can feel better about the delicious goodness that's in the food you serve your family.
Lentils are a natural agricultural product. Despite use of modern cleaning equipment, it is not always possible to remove all foreign material. Sort and rinse lentils before cooking.
Certified Organic by California Certified Organic Farmers
1. Before cooking always examine, sort and rinse well to assure maximum wholesomeness of this natural product. Lentils require no soaking.
2. In a large pot, for each pound of lentils (about 2 cups) add 6-8 cups hot water. Simmer gently with lid tilted until desired tenderness is reached, about 15-20 minutes.
Preservatives, 101+ artificial ingredients.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup Dry (35 g)
Servings per Container: About 13
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||20 g||7%|
| Dietary Fiber||11 g||43%|
| Sugars||2 g|
Other Ingredients: Organic green lentils
MAY CONTAIN: WHEAT.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Hearty Chicken and Lentil Soup
We all love warming up with a bowl of hot soup
in the cooler weather. The feeling never stops being cozy and homey and just good for the soul. And there are so many options to try! Fun tweaks on tried-and-true recipes are like old friends showing up and inspiring us with new stories – there is familiarity and love, but with a fresh sense of excitement. This easy recipe replaces noodles with lentils for a healthy and satiating meal. Together with potatoes, carrots, onion and chicken, the lentils lend a stew-like consistency. The stick-to-your-ribs heartiness is sure to spark new adventures of your own.
Hearty Chicken and Lentil Soup
- 1-¼ lbs. organic chicken breasts or thighs
- Avocado oil spray
- 2 cups golden potatoes (chopped)
- ½ cup onion (diced)
- 1 cup carrots (sliced)
- 32 oz. organic chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup lentils
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- ? tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- Heat soup pot or French or Dutch oven to medium heat, spray bottom with avocado oil and add chicken. Sear on both sides about 15 minutes total. (Note: Chicken doesn’t have to be completely cooked after browning on each side.)
- Remove chicken from pot and set aside to cool slightly.
- In pot, sauté potatoes, onion and carrots 10 minutes.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and add back to pot. Pour in chicken broth and water. Add lentils, bring soup to boil, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Once lentils are cooked, add salt, pepper and thyme. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Top with parsley upon serving.
Order the ingredients you need from Vitacost!