Simple Truth Organic Light Brown Sugar Description
- USDA Organic
Fair Trade Certified
It's the Simple Truth
Easy to find, understand and afford, Simple Truth from Kroger makes enjoying organic, natural and wellness products simply...better. All items are Free From 101+ artificial preservatives and ingredients so you can feel better about the delicious goodness that's in the food you serve your family.
Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International
Fair Trade Certified™ by Fair Trade USA
Artificial flavors or preservatives, GMOs.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 2 Teaspoon (8 g)
Servings per Container: About 85
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g||3%|
| Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
| Sugars||8 g|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
Other Ingredients: Organic light brown sugar.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
View printable version
Blueberry Buckle Cake
Blueberry buckle is a delicate, lemon-kissed cake studded with fresh blueberries and topped with a sweet and buttery streusel topping. Serve this classic recipe with tea and coffee, or for dessert.
Blueberry Buckle Cake
- ? cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. butter (cut into chunks, room temperature)
- ¾ cup brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 4 Tbsp. butter (softened)
- 1 large egg
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose baking flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup milk (or milk alternative)
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease 8x8-in. pan.
- In small bowl mix together sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt for streusel.
- Using fork, mash and mix in butter until crumble forms. Set streusel aside. (Note: Do not over mix.)
- In stand mixer bowl, combine sugar, butter, egg and lemon zest. Beat until cream forms.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture and milk into creamed sugar/butter mixture and beat with stand mixer until combined.
- Lightly dust blueberries with flour and add to mix; Fold until evenly incorporated throughout batter. (Note: Dusting blueberries with flour keeps them from sinking to bottom of pan.)
- Pour batter into pan and sprinkle streusel over top.
- Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and rest 10 minutes. Cut into squares to serve.
Add the quality ingredients you’ll need!