Some cravings hit harder than others. Certain pangs are easy to ignore, but others just won’t quit. Buffalo sauce cravings often don’t subside until your tongue and lips get that all-too-familiar burn. Chicken wings and chicken sandwiches are the most obvious dishes to eat, but if you’re a vegetarian or vegan, or if you’re cutting back on fried foods, this buffalo chickpea salad is a better-for-you, lip-smacking option. For a fun party appetizer, spoon the mash on cucumber rounds or crackers. Looking for a vegan lunch idea? Serve chickpea salad on gluten-free bread or in a wrap and get an easy, on-the-go meal that will make you super excited to go to the office.
15 oz. can Simple Truth Garbanzo Beans, drained
1 medium carrot, shredded
1 large celery stalk, finely diced
1/4 cup minced yellow onion
1/8 cup diced scallions
2 Tbsp. vegan eggless mayo
2-3 Tbsp. vegan buffalo sauce
1-2 Tbsp. dill relish
1-2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. dried dill
1/2 tsp. dried parsley
Black pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, mash chickpeas with a fork until you reach desired chunkiness.
- Mix in combine mayo, buffalo sauce, relish, lemon juice and spices. Add carrots, celery, onion and scallions. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- To assemble, scoop chickpea salad onto cucumber rounds, top with pistachios and drizzle with Vegan Ranch.
Alternate serving options:
- Mash chickpeas so no chunks remain. After adding vegetables, mix pistachios into chickpea mixture and serve as a dip.
- Serve in wraps or on lettuce, topped with additional veggies.
- Make a sandwich with romaine or spinach and sliced tomatoes.