Simply Organic Spices & Seasonings at Vitacost
Simply Organic Dip Mix French Onion Description
- 3 Steps / 5 Minutes / 16 Servings
- USDA Organic
- Gluten Free
Rich, creamy and bursting with the flavor fusion of onion, garlic and a hint of black pepper, our French Onion Dip Mix makes entertaining easy.
Simply Organic® is a 100% certified organic line of spices, seasoning mixes, and baking flavors. Our pure, potent spices, seasonings and extracts bring real bite to everything you make, eat and share. Our goal, through our Simply Organic Giving Fund, is to help the millions of food insecure by not only providing funds and support to make organic food more accessible, but also in developing the next generation of leaders in sustainable and socially just organic agriculture.
You Will Need: 2 Cups Sour Cream
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/2 tsp (1.9 g)
Servings per Container: About 16
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g||0%|
| Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
| Sugars||0 g|
Other Ingredients: Organic onion, organic maltodextrin, sea salt, organic garlic, organic black pepper.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Classic French Onion Soup
You don’t have to be French to enjoy a big bowl of soul-warming French onion soup. Top with a toasted slice of French bread and melted Gruyere cheese and see why this classic dish is a comfort-food favorite.
4 medium yellow onions, sliced thinly
3 garlic cloves
2 sprigs of thyme
1 bay leaf
1 Tbsp. grass-fed butter
1 cup red wine
32 oz. beef bone broth
2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. mushroom powder
1 Tbsp. olive oil
French baguette, sliced and toasted
Gruyere cheese, shredded
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
- In large pot, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add onions. Smash garlic cloves and add to pot with a pinch of salt, pepper and few thyme leaves. Cook down for 25-30 minutes, until onions are browned and caramelized. Stir every few minutes to prevent burning.
- To deglaze, add red wine and bring to a boil for about 5 minutes. Add flour and mushroom powder and mix for about 1 minute. Add broth and lower heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush butter onto sliced baguettes and broil 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Ladle soup into each bowl, add a slice of baguette, top with gruyere cheese and place on a baking sheet; broil 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted.