Simply Organic Onion Powder Description
Onion White Powder
The distinctly strong taste of onion is indispensable in the kitchen. It's warm, sweet and salty flavor shines in most savory dishes.
Like granules, onion powder provides flavor and aroma, but not texture. It's especially good for sauces and gravies, canned foods, meats, spice blends, soups and spreads. Add directly to most foods or rehydrate by mixing with enough cool water to make a smooth paste. In place of one fresh onion, use 1-1/3 Tablespoon onion powder.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Organic onion.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Easy Lemon-Basil Hummus
Easy does it! Featuring a rather robust flavor profile, this simple hummus recipe is ready in just a few minutes. All you’ll need is a food processor and a strainer or colander to make this creamy dip, which calls for tangy lemon juice, garlic and fresh basil. Serve with crisp veggies—and remember to use organic ingredients when possible.
2 15-oz. cans chickpeas
1 heaping cup fresh basil leaves, stems removed
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup tahini
1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. Simply Organic Paprika
1/2 tsp. Simply Organic Onion Powder
1/4 tsp. Simply Organic Black Pepper, freshly ground
1 lemon, halved or quartered
1/2 cup olive oil
Extra paprika, black pepper & olive oil for garnish
1. Using colander, drain chickpeas over large bowl. Reserve liquid (aquafaba) and set aside.
2. In food processor, pulse chickpeas, basil, garlic, tahini, salt, paprika, onion powder and black pepper.
3. Squeeze lemon into mixture in food processor. Secure lid and pulse while adding olive oil.
4. Ladle in 1/4 to 1/2 cup reserved aquafaba until hummus reaches desired consistency.
5. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, freshly cracked black pepper and a dash (or two!) of paprika. Serve with freshly sliced veggies or toasted pita chips.
Want to get really fancy? Serve this garlicky hummus on a platter surrounded by homemade citrus tortilla chips, spicy carrot chips or even baked parsnip french fries!