Simply Organic Onion Powder Description
Onion White Powder
The distinctly strong taste of onion is indispensable in the kitchen. It's warm, sweet and salty flavor shines in most savory dishes.
Like granules, onion powder provides flavor and aroma, but not texture. It's especially good for sauces and gravies, canned foods, meats, spice blends, soups and spreads. Add directly to most foods or rehydrate by mixing with enough cool water to make a smooth paste. In place of one fresh onion, use 1-1/3 Tablespoon onion powder.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Organic onion.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Picnic Chicken Kebabs
Summertime is for eating al fresco – picnics, poolside grub and meals on a stick. You heard that right! Fire up the grill and pull out the metal skewers for this chicken shish kebab recipe, complete with pieces of tender chicken thighs, onion, bell pepper and grape tomatoes. Start off with a simple marinade of olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Plan ahead for the chicken to marinate up to 2 hours. The wait will be worthwhile! Grill skewers 12 to 15 minutes and enjoy with a side salad.
Picnic Chicken Kebabs
- 2 chicken thighs (cut into 6 pieces)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 5 Tbsp. lemon juice or juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. pink salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1 red onion (quartered into squares pieces)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into squares)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- In small bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper to make marinade.
- Marinate chicken 1-2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Using 4 metals skewers, add 2 pieces of chicken followed by onion, pepper and tomato. Repeat pattern until skewers are full.
- Grill 12-15 minutes, turning 4 times.
- Cook until veggies are tender and internal temperature of chicken is 165 degrees F.
Snag spices, oil, vinegar and more at Vitacost.com.