Mushroom & Fennel Cast Iron Pizza
- 1 16- oz. store bought pizza dough (room temperature)
- 7 oz. mixed mushrooms or cremini mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 medium fennel bulb or 1-1/2 cups trimmed and thinly sliced (fronds reserved)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion or 3/4 cup sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1/4 tsp. salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4-1/2 cup marinara sauce
Optional: 1/2 cup vegan shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, add mushrooms, sliced fennel and onion. Mix in olive oil and salt until vegetables are evenly coated.
- Spread vegetables evenly on prepared baking sheet. Roast 20 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, turning halfway. When done roasting, set vegetables aside and raise oven temperature to 500 degrees F.
- In 12-inch cast iron skillet, add 2 Tbsp olive oil and coat bottom and sides of pan. Add room temperature dough, and using tips of fingers, gently press dough to evenly cover bottom of skillet and slightly up edges.
- Spread sauce over dough and sprinkle evenly with vegan mozzarella and roasted vegetables.
- Bake 17-20 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Remove from oven, garnish with fennel fronds and season with additional salt, if needed. Cut into 4-6 pieces and serve hot.