Oven-Baked Tandoori Chicken
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp. oil (for basting)
- Lime wedges (for serving)
- Finely chopped cilantro (for serving)
- 1/2 cup thick yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp. ginger paste
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. Kashmiri chili powder
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. coriander powder
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 2 Tbsp. oil
Optional: 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together all marinade ingredients.
- Add chicken to marinade and coat evenly. Marinate 30 minutes at room temperature or up to 8-12 hours in refrigerator.
- Line baking pan with aluminum foil and arrange chicken evenly. (Note: Reserve marinade and add tablespoon of oil, mix well and set it aside for basting later.)
- Bake about 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Baste chicken with remaining marinade.
- Broil on high for 5 minutes to crisp outside.
- Remove from oven and cover with foil for 5 minutes to retain heat.
- Serve with cilantro and lime wedges.
• For best results, use thick yogurt. To make thick yogurt, drain whey by adding yogurt to strainer or muslin cloth. This process takes 10-15 minutes. Alternatively, use Greek yogurt.
• If you don't have Kashmiri chili powder, substitute it with 1-1/2 tsp. of chili powder (medium-hot).
• Use smoked paprika to give it a fresh-out-of-tandoor taste.
Get the ingredients you need from Vitacost!