Chipotle Tofu, Peach & Roasted Corn Salad
- 1 lb. organic extra firm tofu (cut into 1-in. cubes)
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp. chipotle hot sauce
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 lime (zested)
- ½ cup lime juice (fresh (about 2 limes))
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 handfuls cilantro leaves (small stems are OK)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 head romaine or bib lettuce (torn into pieces)
- 2 peaches (sliced)
- 2 small cucumbers (diced)
- 2 ears corn (roasted or grilled, cut off cob)
- ¼ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup red onion (sliced thin)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line sheet pan with parchment paper and add tofu, leaving room between cubes.
- In bowl, whisk together olive oil, hot sauce, maple syrup, vinegar, cumin, paprika and salt. Pour mixture over tofu to evenly coat pieces.
- Bake 45 minutes until browned, flipping cubes halfway through.
- Remove tofu from oven and set aside to cool. (Note: Tofu will firm back up when cool.)
- In blender, combine lime zest, lime juice, mayonnaise, cilantro, salt and cumin; blend until creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- To serve, in large bowl, place lettuce on bottom, top with peaches, corn, cucumber, tofu, pumpkin seeds and red onions. Drizzle top with dressing or serve on side. (Note: Feel free to plate individual salads.)
- Substitute peaches for other seasonal stone fruit such as nectarines or apricots.