Simply Organic Spices & Seasonings at Vitacost
Simply Organic Thyme Description
Pure. Simple. Joy.
Our dried thyme is nothing but pure, fancy grade, whole organic thyme leaves (Thymus vulgaris). So much flavor from such an understated herb. Woodsy, herbaceous and pleasantly aromatic, our French thyme has the perfect flavor potency to enhance, but never overpower. No GMOs. No ETO (considered carcinogenic by the EPA). Not irradiated. Certified Organic by QAI. Kosher Certified by KSA.
Fresh and dried thyme leaves are useful for various purposes, especially cooking. While they can be used on their own, thyme leaves go well with other herbal blends. Use this product for stuffings, marinades, stews, and even cheese dishes.
Our thyme leaves are grown and processed in Poland. They are cultivated in the most temperate climate to preserve their content and flavor. This product is certified organic, kosher, and non-irradiated.
Simply Organic believes in pure and potent flavor grown at the source. Our rigorous standards mean that we know precisely what you’re getting, and from where. All of our products are grown and processed without the use of toxic pesticides, irradiation, or GMOs.
Simply Organic® is a 100% certified organic line of spices, seasoning mixes, and baking flavors. Our pure, potent spices, seasonings and extracts bring real bite to everything you make, eat and share. Our goal, through our Simply Organic Giving Fund, is to help the millions of food insecure by not only providing funds and support to make organic food more accessible, but also in developing the next generation of leaders in sustainable and socially just organic agriculture.
Thyme is a fairly potent seasoning, so begin with just a pinch or two, then add to taste. And add it early on in your cooking, so that the flavor has time to develop and meld with other ingredients.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
View printable version
Creamy Carrot Soup
This expertly crafted but simple soup is a must-try and a keeper. Simmer carrots, garlic, onion and ginger until tender, puree with cream and finish with seasonings including cilantro and thyme. The result is a comforting, any-season soup, that soothes and delights. Each spoonful slips you a blend of rich, sweet and savory flavors, and myriad nutrients. Serve this bright and creamy stunner as a side or starter, or feature it as a light main course with a bowl of jasmine rice or some crusty whole grain bread.
Creamy Carrot Soup
- 1-½ tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- 10 medium-large organic carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 3 garlic bulbs (smashed)
- 1 medium yellow onion (quartered)
- ½ tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- ½ cup heavy cream (or plant-based/vegan heavy cream)
- 1 cup carrot broth (liquid from cooked carrots)
- 2 cups organic chicken broth (or organic vegetable broth)
- 1 purple carrot (peeled and chopped)
- ½ tsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. organic cilantro leaf
- ¼ to ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- In stock pot, place carrots and onion and add water until covered. (Note: If desired, in separate pot, cook purple carrot. If cooked together, the purple color will stain the orange carrots.)
- Season pot with salt, fresh garlic, ginger and thyme. Cook until carrots are tender, 25-30 minutes.
- In high-speed blender or food processor, combine carrots, onion and solid bits scooped out of stock pot with 1 cup of broth from pot; Puree. (Note: Discard remainder of water from stock pot if there is any remaining.)
- Add chicken broth or vegetable broth and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Return mixture to empty stock pot, add heavy cream and bring to simmer. (Note: If using, puree purple carrots separately and set aside for use later.)
- When soup simmers, stir in finishing seasonings and let rest about 5 minutes for flavors to develop.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with purple carrot puree in swirls, in center, or as desired.
- Serve with hearty bread or jasmine rice.
Order the ingredients you’ll need to make this beautiful soup!