Simply Organic Spices & Seasonings at Vitacost
Simply Organic Vegetarian Brown Gravy Mix Description
- USDA Organic
- 3 Steps / 10 Minutes Prep Time / 4 Servings
- Gluten Free
- Vegetarian / Vegan
This is the quick and easy way to get just the right topping for your savory dishes. Our vegetarian brown gravy mix is made to enhance your meals with layers of flavor and the highest quality ingredients.
- Simply Organic Vegetarian Brown Gravy has an unmistakable “from scratch” flavor for your savory and robust dishes. This is a traditional and robust combination of tamari powder, onion and mushroom for your potatoes, meat, and more.
- Simply Organic Vegetarian Brown Gravy Mix is 100% kosher certified and organic.
- Simply Organic believes in pure and potent flavor grown at the source. Our rigorous standards mean that we know precisely what you’re getting, and from where. All of our products are grown and processed without the use of toxic pesticides, irradiation, or GMOs.
- Simply Organic® is a 100% certified organic line of spices, seasoning mixes, and baking flavors. Our pure, potent spices, seasonings and extracts bring real bite to everything you make, eat and share. Our goal, through our Simply Organic Giving Fund, is to help the millions of food insecure by not only providing funds and support to make organic food more accessible, but also in developing the next generation of leaders in sustainable and socially just organic agriculture.
In a saucepan, mix 1 cup water with packet contents until completely dissolved.
Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer 1 minute, or until desired consistency is reached. Remove from heat and serve. Makes 4 servings.
Serve over mashed potatoes or any vegetarian entrée.
For a great tasting vegetarian side dish, mix 1/2 cup couscous, 1 cup water, packet contents, diced carrots and onions. Simmer on low heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
Gluten, GMOs, toxic pesticides, irradiation.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 2 Teaspoon (7 g)
Servings per Container: 4
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g||*|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g||2%|
| Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
| Sugars||0 g||*|
*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: Organic cornstarch, sea salt, organic maltodextrin, organic cane sugar, organic caramel color, organic tamari powder (organic soybeans, organic maltodextrin, salt), organic rice concentrate, natural flavor (yeast extract, salt, natural flavor, canola oil), organic onion, organic garlic, organic black pepper.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Vegan Mashed Potatoes & Gluten-Free Gravy
When the family gathers for a big meal, you probably know what traditional dishes to avoid. Are mashed potatoes typically on your “don’t eat” list? With this healthy recipe, there’s no reason to pass on potatoes. Skip butter, milk or cream and add butter-flavored coconut oil and non-dairy milk to your mash to get a dish that will please your tradition-loving family and your healthy diet.
5 organic potatoes, cut into quarters
3 Tbsp. Nutiva Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor
1/4 tsp. Redmond Real Salt
1/4 cup Organic Gemini Peeled Tigernuts
1/3 cup water
1 pkg. Simply Organic Vegetarian (Vegan) Brown Gravy
1 cup water
- In a large pot, bring potatoes to boil. Boil 15-20 minutes or until soft and drain.
- Meanwhile, prepare gravy according to package directions.
- Prepare vegan “milk.” In blender, combine tigernuts and water and process until smooth. Strain to remove fiber.
- In a large bowl, mash softened and drained potatoes. Add buttery coconut oil, salt and milk and combine.
- To serve, pour gravy over each portion and garnish with fresh parsley.
Note: Use 1/3 cup Califia Farms Almond Milk instead of tigernut “milk,” if desired.