When you’ve gone keto, vegetables tend to become lower priority. And starchy vegetables? Forget it! Lucky for you, cauliflower is a low-carb phenomenon that not only fits into a keto diet but can easily be transformed into pasta, rice, pizza – even cauliflower cookies. But who wants to clean all those gadgets and dishes? Tonight, leave the entire head perfectly intact so you can make a delicious whole-roasted cauliflower. Slice and enjoy as cauliflower steaks, chop into nuggets for a side dish or butter it up and dive right in like it’s a warm loaf of bread.
2 whole organic heads cauliflower
2 bulbs garlic
2 Tbsp. duck fat, grass-fed ghee or coconut oil
Fresh lemon juice
Himalayan pink salt
Fresh minced cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F and place a separate tray or rimmed baking sheet filled with water on the bottom rack of the oven.
- In a cast iron skillet, add dollop of duck fat, ghee or coconut oil and let it heat up slightly in the preheating oven.
- Using a paring knife, remove core from bottom of cauliflower heads.
- De-shell garlic bulbs and place one bulb inside each cauliflower head (where you just removed the core).
- Place cauliflower heads side-by-side in heated cast iron skillet.
- Add another 1 or 2 tablespoons duck fat, ghee or coconut oil on top of each head.
- Bake 30-45 minutes, or until browned. Cover with foil and cook another 30-45 minutes, or until cauliflower can easily be pierced with a butter knife.
- Drizzle with lemon juice, Himalayan pink salt and cilantro, if desired.