Every day is fry-day when you’ve got an entire French fry bar at your disposal, plus dipping sauces to boot!
Why are these irresistibly crisp, air fryer French fries displayed on a cutting board, you ask? Well, in case you need to “ketch up” on the latest food trend, here’s the dish: everything tastes better and is easier to share with a crowd (and with your followers on Instagram, let's be honest) when it’s served on a board, including this brunch charcuterie board, and even this plant-based chili buffet. So grab your best board, pick out your potatoes and start peelin'!
Air Fryer French Fry Bar
- 1 russet potato
- 2 yams
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise (or vegan mayonnaise)
- Preheat air fryer to 370 F for at least 5 minutes.
- Peel and chop/slice potatoes into desired shapes (fries, chips, etc.)
- Add to air fryer and drizzle lightly with avocado oil.
- Air fry for at least 20 minutes, stirring at least twice during cooking.
- Once fries are cooked to desired crispness, remove from air fryer and season half with Parmesan and garlic salt and the other half with salt and pepper.
- Top fries with fresh parsley.
- Serve with both ketchup and mayonnaise as dipping options. For a third dip, simply combine equal parts mayonnaise and ketchup.
It’s important to stir the potatoes at least two times during the air frying process to ensure they cook evenly and get crispy.
Fresh herbs are a great addition to these French fries. In addition to parsley, try topping with fresh rosemary or thyme, and also add the sprigs of fresh herbs to the board for more color.
Grab the oil, seasonings and dipping sauces you need to make your own fry bar at Vitacost.com: