Stonewall Kitchen Dessert Sauce Sea Salt Caramel Description
Delectably smooth, richly sweet with a pop of salty, our Sea Salt Caramel Sauce takes desserts to a whole new level. Pour it over ice cream, dip fresh cut fruit into it or slather it over pound cake. It's a remarkable treat that you'll crave after every meal.
In 1991, we set up a small table at the local farmer's market displaying the few dozen items we had finished hand-labeling just hours before . We are now proud to be one of the most awarded specialty food companies.
Refrigerate after opening.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 2 Tbsp.
Servings per Container: 9
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||5 g||8%|
| Saturated Fat||3.5 g||18%|
| Trans Fat||0 g||*|
|Total Carbohydrate||22 g||7%|
| Fiber||0 g||0%|
| Sugars||17 g||*|
*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: Pure cane sugar, heavy cream (milk), corn syrup, caramelized sugar syrup, unrefined sea salt, vanilla extract, lecithin (soy), carrageenan (carrageenan, maltodextrin)
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Pancakes With Homemade Caramel Sauce
How do you take a weekend favorite and make it even better? With homemade caramel sauce, of course. These fluffy pancakes taste just as good as they look, and they’re easy to assemble while making your morning coffee and catching up on the news. Caramel sauce is a great twist on classic pancake toppings, and you can save any extra for drizzling over fresh fruit or ice cream later in the day.
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup cold water
2 Tbsp. Gustus Vitae California Sea Salt
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. Gustus Vitae California Sea Salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 large egg
3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 tsp. canola oil
3/4 cup whole milk
2 Tbsp. white vinegar
2 tsp. granulated sugar
Sliced bananas, strawberries & blueberries, optional, to top
- Prepare caramel sauce. In large saucepan, combine sugar and water and bring to medium heat. Do not stir - the sugar will naturally dissolve into the water. Let mixture bubble till it turns golden yellow, around 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add salt, heavy cream and butter. Stir to mix well and set aside. Sauce will thicken slightly as it cools.
- Prepare pancakes. In large bowl, whisk together vinegar and milk for 10 minutes. This will give the pancakes a very mild, but irresistible, sour twang.
- In another large bowl, combine sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder and flour. Pour into the milk/vinegar mixture. Stir in egg and butter; mix until thoroughly combined and no lumps remain.
- In large skillet, heat cooking oil over medium heat. Working in batches, pour 1/4 cup pancake mixture into skillet. Cook for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes per side before flipping. Move to plate and place foil over top to keep warm.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over stacked pancakes to serve. If desired, top with banana and berries.