SunFood Organic Black Peruvian Botija Olives Pitted Description
- 100% USDA Organic
- No Preservatives • No Additives • No Added Sugars
100% Certified Organic Black Botija Olives
These delectable black Botija olives are packed with nutrition and contain vitamins A and E, calcium, iron, antioxidants and heart healthy oleic acid.
The Sunfood Difference™
These certified organic ripe black olives are hand selected, cured, low-temperature dried, and blended with the finest organic herbs & spices for a unique olive experience.
Add to your favorite recipes, salads, or eat straight out of the bag.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 7 Pieces (1 oz) (28 g)
Servings per Container: 8
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||36|
|Total Fat||4 g||6%|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g||3%|
| Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
| Monounsaturated Fat||3 g|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g||0%|
| Dietary Fiber||1 g||4%|
| Sugars||0 g|
Other Ingredients: Certified organic raw pitted Peruvian olives, sea salt.
May contain pits or pit fragments.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Nourish and energize your body with this next-level hummus made with many wholesome ingredients. Hummus is an excellent healthy staple to have in the fridge for snacks, lunch or as an appetizer, as it’s nutrient-dense and full of plant-based protein. This roasted red pepper version purees up super creamy, slightly smoky and full of flavor (and it’s a glorious shade of orange). It’ll convince you that homemade is light years better than store-bought. The instructions walk you through each satisfying step so you can create a little culinary marvel in your own kitchen that feeds both body and soul. Dig in.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 white onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 3 cups dried chickpeas (soaked overnight, or 2 cans of cooked chickpeas, reserve liquid)
- 4-5 Tbsp. tahini paste (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1-½ tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reserved aquafaba liquid from chickpeas (chilled)
- Black olives
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Chopped thyme
- Red pepper puree
- olive oil
- If using dried chickpeas, place them in large bowl and cover with enough water to cover two times over. Soak overnight; drain and rinse. In large pot, combine chickpeas and enough water to just cover; cook until tender and falling apart, about 2 hours. Drain cooked chickpeas and reserve and chill ¼ cup cooking water (aquafaba) for use later. Let chickpeas cool to room temperature. (Note: If using canned chickpeas, skip this step.)
- In pot over medium heat, heat olive oil, add onion and slowly cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and sweet, at least 20 minutes, to caramelize.
- To pot with caramelized onion, add roasted red peppers and tomato paste, heat for 5 minutes.
- Into blender or food processor, pour in onion-red pepper mixture and puree. Set aside.
- If using canned chickpeas, drain, but reserve and chill ¼ cup liquid (aquafaba) from can.
- In food processor, blend chickpeas, tahini paste, garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, red pepper puree and lemon juice until smooth.
- While food processor is running, slowly drizzle in chilled aquafaba and blend until hummus becomes very smooth and creamy. (Note: Chilled liquid will create a creamier texture.)
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Transfer hummus to serving bowl and make a well in center with back of spoon in which to add garnishes of choice. (See above.)
- Serve with warm pita bread, raw and roasted vegetables and crackers of choice.
Order the ingredients you’ll need to make this healthy hummus!