SunFood Raw Organic Heirloom Pumpkin Seeds Description
USDA Certified Organic
Non-GMO Project Verified
Raw • Vegan • Kosher
Celebrated as a nutritional powerhouse, pumpkin seeds have been a part of the diet of many different cultures throughout the ages. With a delicious, nutty flavor, these dark green pumpkin seeds are rich a nutritious snack that your whole family will love.
Our raw, organic Pumpkin Seeds are an heirloom variety prized for their great flavor and nutritional qualities. They naturally grow without hulls and do not need to be shelled. Free of artificial flavors and preservatives, these pumpkin seeds are dried at low temperatures to keep delicate nutrients intact.
Suggested Use: Pumpkin Seeds are delicious and easy to use. You can make nut milks, seed patés, or on-the-go trail mixes.
Storage: Reseal bag after opening. Store in a cool, dry place.
GMOs, gluten. artificial flavors and preservatives.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 oz (30 g)
Servings per Container: About 7.5
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||12 g||15%|
| Saturated Fat||2.5 g||13%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g||1%|
| Dietary Fiber||2 g||7%|
| Total Sugars less than||1 g|
| Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
|Vitamin B6||0.1 mg||6%|
Other Ingredients: Certified organic raw pumpkin seeds.
Allergen Statement: Packaged in a facility that also processes peanuts and tree nuts.
May contain a desiccant pack. Do not eat.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Acorn Squash Quinoa Salad with Zesty Balsamic Glaze
Pumpkin is often the leading favorite when it comes to squash, with butternut squash a runner up. But there’s another stealing the spotlight in this quinoa salad recipe. Acorn squash, with its dark green skin and orange flesh, is much easier to work with than other tougher-skinned squashes. For this salad, you’ll slice the acorn squash before roasting, helping to bring about a rich, caramelized flavor. Then, it comes together with quinoa, kale, dried cranberries and roasted onions and tomatoes to give your fall meal a delicious, plant-based addition.
½ cup balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. coconut sugar
¼ cup orange juice
1 cup quinoa, dried
? cup dried cranberries or raisins
? cup pumpkin seeds
10 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cups kale, massaged with lemon juice, if desired
2 cups acorn squash, sliced into half-moons
1 medium yellow onion, diced
- Prepare the glaze. In a small pot over medium heat, combine all ingredients and cook for 20 minutes, stirring frequently until sugar is dissolved. Once dissolved, bring mixture to a boil and simmer for about 10-15 minutes until reduced by half.
- To prepare the salad, preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line two large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On one baking sheet, spread out the sliced squash, and place the halved tomatoes and diced onion on the other.
- Place the squash on a higher rack and roast for about 40 minutes, flipping over squash halfway through. Remove onions and tomatoes from oven as soon as they start to brown. When squash is done roasting, slice it into bite size pieces and remove skin, if desired.
- In a medium pot, bring quinoa and two cups of water to boil. Stir, simmer and cook covered on low for about 20-25 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, squash, tomato and onions. Mix in kale, cranberries and pumpkin seeds. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour glaze over salad as desired and mix to evenly coat. Serve warm, chilled or at room temperature.