Vitacost Certified Organic Cocoa Powder Description
Add rich, chocolate flavor to baked goods or beverages with premium, organic cocoa powder.
Baker’s pantry staple
Great for homemade hot cocoa or smoothies
Unsweetened—no added sugar
No artificial flavors or preservatives
Cocoa is naturally rich in antioxidants
Bring your brownie baking, cake making and hot cocoa creations to a new level of chocolatey goodness with Vitacost® Certified Organic Cocoa Powder.
Decadent, fine and free of added sugar or flavorings, this pure, premium cocoa powder is made from organic cocoa beans, grown and harvested naturally without the use of pesticides.
Why you’ll love it
Trying to keep chemicals out of your kitchen? Organic and affordable, Vitacost® Certified Organic Cocoa Powder is the perfect pantry staple for bakers, chocoholics or anyone who craves quality cocoa. Add it to batters for baked goods or mix into beverages for intense chocolate flavor without the guilt! No added sugar or fat means no overload for your sweet tooth or extra calories to bog down your diet.
Get your cocoa fix!
Use for baking cookies, cakes, brownies, muffins or breads
Blend into smoothies or shakes
Sprinkle on hot coffee or cappuccino
Make chocolate dipping sauce for fruit
Stir into oatmeal or yogurt
Create DIY skincare recipes to nourish skin
Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
This cocoa powder is ideal for baking, blending into smoothies or sprinkling on your desserts for a finishing touch. For hot cocoa, stir one tablespoon of cocoa powder into a glass of warm milk and add your preferred sweetener.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp. (5 g)
Servings per Container: About 68
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0.5 g||1%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g||1%|
| Dietary Fiber||2 g||7%|
|Not a significant source of cholesterol, total sugars, added sugars, vitamin D, or calcium|
*The Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Other Ingredients: Organic cocoa powder.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
View printable version
This chocoflan recipe takes all that is sweet and indulgent and mingles it into a beautiful Bundt-shaped cake of black and white. The chocolate cake bottom is soaked with caramel sauce and sweetened with light brown sugar for flavor that is rich and texture that is moist. The white flan top is a creamy concoction of eggs, sweetened condensed milk and a dash of vanilla. Indulge in its beauty and flavor.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 5 large eggs
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk or half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease 10-12 cup Bundt pan with room-temperature butter. Add caramel sauce to bottom of pan and set aside.
- In large bowl or stand mixer, add sugar and butter until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add egg and beat until well combined.
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add 1/2 dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix to combine.
- Pour batter into pan over caramel.
- In large bowl whisk eggs, condensed milk and vanilla until well combined. Add milk slowly and whisk. Slowly pour flan mixture into cake pan.
- Tightly cover pan with foil and place into a large roasting pan. Carefully transfer to oven and add hot water halfway up roasting pan.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Carefully transfer cake pan to a wire rack and uncover. Allow to cool 1 hour. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or ideally overnight.
- To loosen cake from pan, add to a large bowl of warm water for a few minutes. Place a large plate on top of the cake pan. With 2 hands flip the pan over and slowly release cake from pan.
Grab these ingredients and more at Vitacost.com.