Vitacost Certified Organic Ground Ginger Description
Vitacost® Organic Ground Ginger
USDA Certified Organic
Finely ground ginger
Peppery with sweet notes
Brings life to stir-fry, sauces, soups & more
Vitacost® Organic Ground Ginger adds spice to your life
Ginger is the root of all spices. You can slice it, sprinkle it, shave it, blend it. There’s ginger ale, ginger snaps, ginger tea, ginger candy. That’s not it, though. The soothing benefits of the ginger root are partly why you find this zingy spice in so many tasty varieties that you can happily sip and savor. So when the end of your workweek calls for a little calm and comfort, reach for Vitacost® Organic Ground Ginger.
You may be surprised to find that you and ginger go together like peas and carrots. From refreshing smoothies and relaxing bedtime teas to holiday cookies and coconut curries, there are countless ways to enjoy Vitacost® Organic Ground Ginger. And because the texture is so fine, it easily incorporates into everything you cook, bake or drink. With life, you never know what you’re gonna get. With Vitacost® Organic Ginger, you know you’ll always get a simply delicious treat.
What’s the best way to cook with Vitacost® Organic Ground Ginger?
• Add to creamy curries
• Sauté with vegetables
• Sprinkle into soups & stews
• Stir into hot tea with lemon
• Blend with fruit and greens for super-packed smoothies
• Mix into baked treats – cookies, cakes, muffins & more
Check the Tips & Recipes tab for many more great uses of Vitacost® Organic Ground Ginger
Vitacost® products are manufactured to high standards of quality and safety. Each Vitacost® product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 110) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Keep dry and at room temperature (59°-86°F [15°-30°C]).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Organic ground ginger.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Soup
Delight every one of your guests this season with a few healthy tweaks to a classic pumpkin soup recipe. Create a plant-based version that’s as rich and velvety as the one Grandma lovingly made, but more inclusive of everyone’s dietary choices. This feel-good soup recipe replaces heavy cream with coconut milk and adds garlic, ginger, thyme and the sweet surprise of maple syrup. A swirl of coconut cream and a sprinkle of toasted pumpkins seeds perfectly finish this pretty crowd-pleaser.
Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Soup
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- Pinch ground ginger
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 3 cups canned pumpkin (or butternut squash puree)
- 1 15-oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Toasted pumpkin seeds
- full-fat coconut cream (or cashew cream)
- In large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; Cook about 5 minutes, stirring, until softened.
- Add salt, pepper, thyme, ginger and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Stir in pumpkin, coconut milk, broth and maple syrup. Bring to simmer.
- With immersion blender, puree until smooth. (Note: If using regular blender, be careful transferring hot soup. Transfer to blender in small amounts. Return to pot afterward to reheat.)
- Serve hot with toppings of choice.
Gather up the ingredients you’ll need!