Vitacost Certified Organic Kidney Beans - Non-GMO and Gluten Free Description
Commonly used in Indian, Pakistani and Caribbean recipes, kidney beans offer a vibrant color and impressive nutritional content, including protein, fiber and folate.
Non-BPA can lining
Organic & non-GMO
Gluten free & vegan
No fat, cholesterol, additives or preservatives
8 grams of protein + 8 grams of dietary fiber per 1/2 cup
Serve atop rice or use in bean salads, chili, dips & more
Perhaps most well-known for their role in the classic red beans & rice dish enjoyed throughout the Caribbean and Louisiana, red kidney beans are also used in many different recipes throughout India and Pakistan.
Beans are packed with plant-powered nutrition – just one 1/2 cup serving of these canned kidney beans provides 8 grams of filling fiber and 8 grams of satisfying protein; it’s no surprise that these legumes are beloved by vegetarians, dieters and foodies alike.
Once cooked, there are many ways to enjoy dark red kidney beans:
Add to your favorite chili, savory soup or stew
Serve over yellow, white or brown rice
Combine with other legumes in bean salad
Compare to name brands
If you like Eden Foods® Organic Kidney Beans, you’ll adore this conveniently canned, low-sodium version from Vitacost®.
Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Microwave - Empty contents into microwave-safe dish. Cover dish and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes. Let stand for 1 minute. Stir and serve.
Stovetop - Empty contents into saucepan and heat on medium high to a simmer. Remove from heat, stir and serve. Refrigerate any unused portion in a separate container.
Gluten, GMOs, fat, BPA lining, additives, preservatives.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/2 Cup (130 g)
Servings per Container: About 3.5
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||20 g||7%|
| Dietary Fiber||8 g||29%|
| Total Sugars||1 g|
| Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Other Ingredients: Prepared organic dark red kidney beans, water, sea salt
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Roasted Veggie Lemon Orzo Salad
This vibrant, picnic-perfect salad yields a burst of lemony and savory flavors in every bite. An easy plant-based dish to prepare for lunch or dinner, it features a combo of tender orzo and beans, plus roasted tomatoes, bell peppers and brussels sprouts.
Roasted Veggie Lemon Orzo Salad
- 2 cups orzo
- 16 cups water
- 15 oz. canned chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- 15 oz. canned red kidney beans (drained & rinsed)
- 2 cups mini bell peppers or sweet peppers (chopped)
- 2 lbs. baby brussels sprouts (halved)
- ½ cup toasted walnuts
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Fresh parsley (to garnish)
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange bell peppers and brussels sprouts in a single layer on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until veggies are charred, wilted and tender. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- While veggies cook, prepare orzo. In large pot, combine orzo with water and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to boil according to package directions. Drain orzo, then fluff with a fork. Let cool.
- In bowl, mix olive oil and lemon juice until combined. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Spoon orzo into serving bowl. Top with drained chickpeas, red kidney beans, roasted veggies and walnuts. Drizzle with lemon dressing, Gently toss to combine, garnish with parsley and serve.
Order the ingredients you need to make this colorful recipe at Vitacost.com!