Vitacost Certified Organic Kidney Beans - Non-GMO and Gluten Free Description
Commonly used in Indian, Pakistani and Caribbean recipes, kidney beans offer a vibrant color and impressive nutritional content, including protein, fiber and folate.
Non-BPA can lining
Organic & non-GMO
Gluten free & vegan
No fat, cholesterol, additives or preservatives
8 grams of protein + 8 grams of dietary fiber per 1/2 cup
Serve atop rice or use in bean salads, chili, dips & more
Perhaps most well-known for their role in the classic red beans & rice dish enjoyed throughout the Caribbean and Louisiana, red kidney beans are also used in many different recipes throughout India and Pakistan.
Beans are packed with plant-powered nutrition – just one 1/2 cup serving of these canned kidney beans provides 8 grams of filling fiber and 8 grams of satisfying protein; it’s no surprise that these legumes are beloved by vegetarians, dieters and foodies alike.
Once cooked, there are many ways to enjoy dark red kidney beans:
Add to your favorite chili, savory soup or stew
Serve over yellow, white or brown rice
Combine with other legumes in bean salad
Compare to name brands
If you like Eden Foods® Organic Kidney Beans, you’ll adore this conveniently canned, low-sodium version from Vitacost®.
Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Microwave - Empty contents into microwave-safe dish. Cover dish and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes. Let stand for 1 minute. Stir and serve.
Stovetop - Empty contents into saucepan and heat on medium high to a simmer. Remove from heat, stir and serve. Refrigerate any unused portion in a separate container.
Gluten, GMOs, fat, BPA lining, additives, preservatives.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/2 Cup (130 g)
Servings per Container: About 3.5
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||20 g||7%|
| Dietary Fiber||8 g||29%|
| Total Sugars||1 g|
| Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Other Ingredients: Prepared organic dark red kidney beans, water, sea salt
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
DIY Loaded Plant-Based Chili Bowls
Beans or no beans? Noodles or not? There’s an ongoing debate about which ingredients “belong” and “do not belong” in chili. Good news for you and your hungry crew, you can easily settle the discussion with this fun build-your-own-bowl concept.
Follow the simple recipe below (we’ll leave it up to you if you want to nix the beans!) and serve on a large platter or buffet table with homemade cornbread, veggies, herbs, tortilla chips, dairy-free cheese shreds, or even – dare we say it? – a bowl of beans! And if you want to offer up something totally different… suggest a Cincinnati-style chili by serving a bowl of cooked spaghetti on the side!
DIY Loaded Plant-Based Chili Bowls
- 1/2 lemon, (juiced)
- 3-1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. vegetable broth, (divided)
- 1 small red onion, (diced)
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, (minced)
- 1 small habanero pepper, (seeded & chopped)
- 18 oz. Jovial Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. Vitacost Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Vitacost Organic Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp. Vitacost Himalayan Pink Salt
- 30 oz. Vitacost Organic Kidney Beans, (rinsed & drained, optional)
- 8 portobello mushroom caps, (diced)
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. Vitacost Organic cumin
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 4 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. coriander powder
- In small bowl, mix lemon juice and 2 tablespoons vegetable broth. Set aside.
- In saucepot over medium-high heat, add onions and mushrooms. Pour in lemon juice/broth mixture as necessary to reduce sticking. Add pinch of salt and sauté around 5 minutes. Add garlic and pepper and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- In same saucepot, stir in brown sugar, maple syrup, tomatoes, salt, kidney beans and remaining vegetable broth. Add cocoa, cumin, oregano, chili and coriander. Stir until well combined. Cook on medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- To prepare the DIY station, arrange garnishes and toppings in bowls and surround them on a large board with dippers and scoopers! We suggest spaghetti, corn bread, tortilla chips, dairy-free cheese and sour cream, green onions and parsley.
- For a unique taste, add 1/2 to 1 Tbsp. miso for an umami flavor profile.
- Note toppings are not included in chili nutrition facts label.
- Shop these delicious must-have chili ingredients at Vitacost.com!