Vitacost Certified Organic Light Brown Sugar Description
Sweetened with a touch of molasses, this delicately flavored certified organic light brown sugar is ideal for brownies, cookies and other baked goods. Use in any recipe that calls for brown sugar. Safety sealed in a resealable bag.
Store in a cool (59°- 75° F [15° - 24°C]), dry place. Do not use if seal is broken or torn.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 2 Tsp. (8 g)
Servings per Container: 85
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g||3%|
| Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
| Total Sugars||8 g|
| Includes 8g Added Sugars||16%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Other Ingredients: Organic brown sugar.
Product color may vary.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
View printable version
This chocoflan recipe takes all that is sweet and indulgent and mingles it into a beautiful Bundt-shaped cake of black and white. The chocolate cake bottom is soaked with caramel sauce and sweetened with light brown sugar for flavor that is rich and texture that is moist. The white flan top is a creamy concoction of eggs, sweetened condensed milk and a dash of vanilla. Indulge in its beauty and flavor.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 5 large eggs
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk or half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease 10-12 cup Bundt pan with room-temperature butter. Add caramel sauce to bottom of pan and set aside.
- In large bowl or stand mixer, add sugar and butter until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add egg and beat until well combined.
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add 1/2 dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix to combine.
- Pour batter into pan over caramel.
- In large bowl whisk eggs, condensed milk and vanilla until well combined. Add milk slowly and whisk. Slowly pour flan mixture into cake pan.
- Tightly cover pan with foil and place into a large roasting pan. Carefully transfer to oven and add hot water halfway up roasting pan.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Carefully transfer cake pan to a wire rack and uncover. Allow to cool 1 hour. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or ideally overnight.
- To loosen cake from pan, add to a large bowl of warm water for a few minutes. Place a large plate on top of the cake pan. With 2 hands flip the pan over and slowly release cake from pan.
Grab these ingredients and more at Vitacost.com.