Vitacost Essential Oils 100% Pure Cinnamon Leaf Description
Spicy, warm and invigorating essential oil for aromatherapy use.
For aromatherapy & skin care
100% pure – no synthetic fragrances or additives
Cinnamon is considered warming & stimulating
Blend with carrier oil for skin care purposes
A little goes a long way
Vitacost essential oils are 100% pure, highly concentrated oils rich in natural, aromatic compounds—also known as essences—found naturally in different parts of plants. Not diluted, watered down or combined with synthetic fragrances or other additives, these potent liquids are ideal for aromatherapy, skin care or natural home-cleaning solutions.
Why is Vitacost® Cinnamon Leaf Oil better than other brands?
Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Use as desired for aromatherapy. Prior to other uses, reference a professional source.
Keep dry and at room temperature (59°-86°F [15°-30°C]).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: 100% Pure Ceylon Cinnamon Oil (Cinnamomum zeylanicum).
Natural essential oils are highly concentrated and should be used with care. May irritate skin. Avoid contact with eyes. Not for internal use. Always dilute before any use other than aromatherapy. Keep out of reach of children.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
View printable version
DIY Dried Citrus Holiday Garland
Natural holiday decorations are not only festive, merry and bright, they're also a great way to be more eco-conscious this time of year.
Traditionally, garlands are made with leaves and berries, bringing the deep green and red colors of winter into your home But these brilliant citrus garlands offer a brightness that can be added to any residence, any décor, any season (or even all year long!). They’re also great for anyone celebrating the winter holidays in a summer climate.
This do-it-yourself garland requires minimal supplies and is easy to put together. All you need are a few fruits, some string and a needle. Though we’re using orange and cinnamon essential oils to fill your home with a warm, festive aroma, feel free to substitute with whichever scents and fruits you like.
Since any round citrus fruit will work for this project, you can use oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruits, blood oranges and so much more. For a winter-inspired feel, try a combination of limes and grapefruit, or, for a more refreshing, summery feel, layer on the lemons. Hang your garlands in a tree, over the mantel, in a doorway, arrange it as a center piece – the possibilities are truly endless.
DIY Dried Citrus Holiday Garland
- Citrus fruit of choice
- Twine (or string)
- Embroidery needle
- Orange essential oil
- Cinnamon essential oil
- Preheat oven to 170 to 200 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice fruit into 1/8-1/4”-thick slices, making sure there’s enough peel to hold the fruit together. Remove seeds.
- Pat slices dry and arrange on baking sheet.
- Dehydrate in oven 3 to 5 hours, carefully flipping halfway through. Remove when fruit is dried and ever so slightly browned at the edges.
- While fruit is still warm, add a drop or so of each essential oil to each slice.
- Cut string to desired length and tie to eye of needle.
- Once fruit is cool, pull needle and string through top of each slice between the flesh and peel. Layer fruit in any order.
- Make sure to use a sharp knife to conserve juice and shape.
- To air dry the citrus slices, lay them flat in a dry area for about 4 days.
- The larger the fruit, the longer it needs to fully dehydrate. Be patient and check often.
- Spice up your garland with the addition of other fruits and plants such as cranberries and bay leaves.
Add the ingredients to your cart and order now!