Vitacost Essential Oils 100% Pure Sweet Orange Description
Cheerful, citrusy sweet orange oil for aromatherapy or skin care use.
100% pure essential oil
Sweet orange is refreshing, energizing and cheerful
Great addition to DIY home cleaners
For skin care use, combine with a carrier oil
Vitacost essential oils are 100% pure, highly concentrated oils rich in natural, aromatic compounds—also known as essences—found naturally in different parts of plants. Not diluted, watered down or combined with synthetic fragrances, these potent liquids are perfect for aromatherapy, skin care or natural home-cleaning solutions.
Why is Vitacost® Sweet Orange Oil better than other brands?
Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Use for aromatherapy. Prior to other uses, reference a professional source.
Keep dry and at room temperature (59°-86°F [15°-30°C]).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: 100% Pure Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis).
Natural essential oils are highly concentrated and should be used with care. May irritate skin. Avoid contact with eyes. Not for internal use. Always dilute before any use other than aromatherapy. Keep out of reach of children.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
DIY Dried Citrus Holiday Garland
This holiday season is going to be a little different than what we’re used to. Rather than hugs and hand-wrapped gifts, there’s going to be a lot more video calls and packages on the doorstep. Embracing the change is important, and a beautiful garland is a great way to brighten spirits and celebrate at home.
Traditionally, garlands are made with leaves and berries, bringing the deep green and red colors of winter into your home But these brilliant citrus garlands offer a brightness that can be added to any residence, any décor, any season (or even all year long!). They’re also great for anyone celebrating the winter holidays in a summer climate.
This do-it-yourself garland requires minimal supplies and is easy to put together. All you need are a few fruits, some string and a needle. Though we’re using orange and cinnamon essential oils to fill your home with a warm, festive aroma, feel free to substitute with whichever scents and fruits you like.
Since any round citrus fruit will work for this project, you can use oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruits, blood oranges and so much more. For a winter-inspired feel, try a combination of limes and grapefruit, or, for a more refreshing, summery feel, layer on the lemons. Hang your garlands in a tree, over the mantel, in a doorway, arrange it as a center piece – the possibilities are truly endless.
DIY Dried Citrus Holiday Garland
- Citrus fruit of choice
- Twine (or string)
- Embroidery needle
- Orange essential oil
- Cinnamon essential oil
- Preheat oven to 170 to 200 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice fruit into 1/8-1/4”-thick slices, making sure there’s enough peel to hold the fruit together. Remove seeds.
- Pat slices dry and arrange on baking sheet.
- Dehydrate in oven 3 to 5 hours, carefully flipping halfway through. Remove when fruit is dried and ever so slightly browned at the edges.
- While fruit is still warm, add a drop or so of each essential oil to each slice.
- Cut string to desired length and tie to eye of needle.
- Once fruit is cool, pull needle and string through top of each slice between the flesh and peel. Layer fruit in any order.
- Make sure to use a sharp knife to conserve juice and shape.
- To air dry the citrus slices, lay them flat in a dry area for about 4 days.
- The larger the fruit, the longer it needs to fully dehydrate. Be patient and check often.
- Spice up your garland with the addition of other fruits and plants such as cranberries and bay leaves.
Add the ingredients to your cart and order now!