Vitacost Potato Starch Flour - Non-GMO and Gluten Free Description
Adds just right amount of thickness to your homemade soups, stews, sauces and gravies without altering the flavor. Also perfect for gluten-free baking!
Certified Gluten-free, vegan & non-GMO
No additives, fillers or preservatives
Use in soft, spongy baked goods
Substitute for traditional flour to thicken soups, stews, sauces and gravies
No gluten? No problem! Often used in spongy, gluten-free baked goods, potato starch is also the perfect thickening agent for both sweet and savory recipes. And unlike other thickeners, it won’t alter the taste of your favorite dish!
To use Vitacost® Potato Starch as a thickener for soup, stew, sauce and gravy, simply mix with a small amount of water, substituting half the required amount of regular flour.
Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
To use as a thickener for soup, stew, sauce and gravy, simply mix with a small amount of water substituting half the required amount of regular flour.
To make Decadent Brownies
3/4 cup gluten-free oat flour
1/2 cup Vitacost® Gluten-Free Sweet White Sorghum Flour
1/3 cup Vitacost® Gluten-Free Potato Starch
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 large eggs
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a 9-inch square pan.
In a medium bowl, sift together flour, potato starch and salt. In a medium sauce pan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring frequently. add 1 cup sugar to the chocolate-butter mixture, stir for 30 seconds, remove from heat and stir in vanilla. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and remaining sugar until pale, thick and doubled in volume. Fold the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. When the chocolate is almost completely incorporated, gently fold in the dry ingredients.
Add the batter to the prepared pan; smooth top.
Bake for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with a few crumbs. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
Keep box dry and at room temperature (59°-86°F [15°-30°C]).
GMOS, gluten, additives, fillers, preservatives.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup (40 g)
Servings per Container: 22
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||32 g||11%|
| Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
| Total Sugars||0 g|
| Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Other Ingredients: Potato starch.
May Contain: soy, Milk.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
View printable version
Gluten-Free Carrot Cake with Vegan Lemon Mascarpone Cream
Welcome spring or celebrate Easter or Passover with this healthier, gluten-free version of a classic layered carrot cake. It’s super moist and flavorful, with a melt-in-your-mouth texture made even more special with a luscious vegan
lemon mascarpone cream. The soft, crumbly cake, with its rich flavors of cinnamon, carrot and coconut, marries perfectly with the tart taste and creamy texture of the frosting. Raise a fork and celebrate hope, renewal and deliciousness!
Carrot Cake with Vegan Lemon Mascarpone Cream
- 3.2 oz. gluten-free oat flour
- 3.2 oz. brown rice flour
- 3.2 oz. almond flour
- 3 Tbsp. potato starch
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1-1/4 tsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- 6 oz. grated carrot
- 5 oz. coconut sugar (or regular sugar)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 7 Tbsp. non-dairy milk
- 3 Tbsp. flaxseed meal
Lemon mascarpone cream
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut whipping cream
- 1/2 lb. silken tofu
- 4 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 3-4 tsp. lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees F. Line quarter sheet cake pan with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, combine flaxseed meal and 7-1/2 Tbsp. water and set aside until thickened.
- To bowl, add oil and milk and whisk well. Add rest of wet ingredients and mix well.
- To same bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add white vinegar and mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth down evenly.
- Bake 15 minutes at 380 degrees F, then reduce to 360 degrees F and continue to bake 10 more minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely, wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Wrap tofu in several layers of paper towel, place between plates and add weight on top. Let drain overnight in refrigerator.
- Chill coconut whipping cream overnight in refrigerator.
- Set out mixing bowl. Open can of coconut cream and scoop out solidified cream on top and place in bowl. With electric hand mixer, beat until whipped.
- Add remaining mascarpone ingredients and continue to beat until smooth. (Note: Drained tofu weighs about half as much as solidified cream.)
- Cut chilled cake into two equal halves, place one half on plate and carefully spread lemon mascarpone cream on top. Place other half of cake on top and spread with more cream. Pipe with remaining cream. (Note: Because the cake is crumbly, if necessary, cut it crosswise and join pieces together on plate.)
- Chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
Get the quality ingredients you’ll need to create this cake!