Vitacost ROOT2 Spirulina Superfood Algae Powder Description
Premium spirulina supplement. 100% pure, non-GMO spirulina. Grown in the U.S.A.
For natural, whole-food nutrition from one of nature's most concentrated sources of phytonutrients, choose ROOT2 Spirulina Superfood Algae. Easy to take, simply stir a teaspoon of powder into any beverage or mix with food to obtain 3,000 mg of superior, non-GMO spirulina.
A type of single-celled blue-green alga, spirulina grows in fresh warm waters around the world and has been used as a food source since early times. In addition to essential nutrients—including vitamins, minerals and proteins—spirulina is a source of chlorophyll, the natural pigment plants use to convert sunlight into energy.
Our nutritionally superior, natural ROOT2 Spirulina Superfood Algae is grown in the United States without genetic modification for the purest, freshest spirulina powder available. Each bottle supplies more than 150 servings.
Free of artificial colors, flavors and preservatives
No chemical fillers, binders or stearates
Labels printed on recycled paper with water-based ink
Potency • Purity • Pride
All Vitacost® supplements are formulated to deliver the level of support you expect and deserve. Whether you’re shopping Vitacost® vitamins, minerals, herbs or other key nutrients, their potency is guaranteed – what’s on the label is what’s in the bottle. Plus, all Vitacost® supplements adhere to the FDA’s Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMPs), ensuring that they are manufactured to high standards of POTENCY, PURITY, efficacy and safety. We take PRIDE in what we do, which is why we promise if you don’t love your product, we’ll take it back – even if the bottle is empty.
About ROOT2 by Vitacost
Rooted in Science, Rooted in Nature.
ROOT2 delivers nutritional supplements featuring ingredients that connect you closer to the Earth and health benefits backed by scientific research. These whole-food based products strive to exceed lifestyle and dietary demands. All you have to do is choose from the wide selection of organic, vegan and vegetarian options, and ROOT2 will deliver the assurance and affordability you need.
As a whole food supplement, mix 1 teaspoon of Spirulina with 6-8 oz. of your favorite beverage or as directed by a healthcare professional. Begin with 1/2 serving size for the first few days, gradually working up to a full serving size.
Keep dry and at room temperature (59°-86°F [15°-30°C]).
GMOs, milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, crustacean shellfish, fish, soy, gluten, titanium dioxide.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Teaspoon (Approx 3 g)
Servings per Container: 151
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Carbohydrate less than||1||<1%†|
|Spirulina (Arthrospira platensis)|
(blue-green microalgae)(whole cell)
†Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: None.
The phytonutrient profile listed below is for informational purposes. It is the natural makeup of spirulina. The typical values are listed (per 3 grams) and they vary naturally.
Vitamin K..........................................................16 mcg
Total carotenoids.............................................10 mg
- Zeaxanthin / Lutein.......................................2.5 mg
Phycocyanin (blue polypeptide)................420 mg
Chlorophyll (green phytopigment)..............30 mg
GLA (gamma linolenic acid, omega-6)......30 mg
Pregnant or lactating women, those with diabetes, hypoglycemics and people with known medical conditions and/or taking drugs should consult with a licensed physician and/or pharmacist prior to taking dietary supplements. Keep out of reach of children.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Naturally Colored Coconut-Almond Bites
Taste the rainbow? Because of those potentially harmful artificial colors and flavors, you’ll say no thanks. Luckily, this recipe for chocolate-coated coconut-almond bites is made with natural food dyes instead of those other additives you’d much rather avoid. Acai, turmeric and spirulina stain shredded coconut for a tasty, all-natural treat.
30-35 raw almonds
20 oz. chocolate, melted
3 cups shredded coconut, divided
1 tsp. acai powder
1/3 tsp. spirulina powder
1/3 tsp. turmeric powder
3 Tbsp. agave or maple syrup, divided
Coconut flour, as needed
Water, as needed to blend
- In three separate bowls, divide coconut and agave equally (1 cup and 1 Tbsp. respectively). Add acai powder to one bowl, spirulina to the second and turmeric to the third. Mix together contents of each bowl to create three separate colors (purple, blue and yellow). Add a bit of water or coconut flour if necessary to combine. The texture should be smooth and stick together.
- On a large parchment-lined baking sheet or in small silicon molds, portion out coconut mixture, using about a tablespoon for each. When finished, place molds or baking sheet in freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove colorful coconut bites from freezer and dip each into melted chocolate with a fork and cover completely. Tap on side of bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place bites back on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Before the chocolate hardens, place an almond on top of each bite and, with a spoon, carefully coat with more chocolate. (Alternatively, you can add the almond to the center of the coconut mixture, but this will make it fall apart more easily, so dip carefully.)
- Place almond-topped coconut bite in fridge or freezer to set. In the fridge, this will take about 2 hours.
- While coating coconut bites with chocolate, you might need to keep the ones you’re not using in the freezer. If they start to warm, they will fall apart.
- Want more color? Try beet powder for a pink mixture and matcha for green.