Wholesome Organic Cane Sugar Description
Sweet is always better when it's wholesome. That's why we only use real and recognizable ingredients in our organic, better-for-you products. Every drop, spoonful ans snack from Wholesome is always delicious. And by choosing Wholesome you are helping to make life sweeter for all.
Organic Cane Sugar captures a tiny bit of natural molasses in every blond crystal making it delightfully sweet and flavorful. Sprinkle it in yiur morning coffee or bake it into your favorite desert.
Use as a one-for-one replacement for refined white sugar.
1 cup Organic Sugar = 1 cup Refined Sugar
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 2 Teaspoon (8 g)
Servings per Container: 113
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrates||8 g||3%|
|Total Sugars||8 g|
|Includes 8g Added Sugars||16%|
Other Ingredients: Organic evaporated cane juice.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Spring Berry Galette
A galette is not fussy. This free-form pastry has a rustic appeal. The easy dough is rolled out flat then folded around the filling, and whatever shape transpires, consider it gorgeous. You are supposed
to embrace its imperfections. It’s all about the honest taste! Just use fresh fruit for the filling and good butter for the dough and it will bake up into something perfectly imperfect and impressively delicious. With this gluten-free version, you can whip up this dessert for anyone, at any time – no need to wait for special occasions.
Spring Berry Galette
- 1-½ cups gluten-free 1-to-1 baking flour
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup butter (cold)
- 4-5 Tbsp. cold buttermilk
- 1 egg (for brushing)
- 3 cups fresh berries (blueberries, strawberries and raspberries used here)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. tapioca starch
- 1 Tbsp. almond extract
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using pastry cutter or food processor, cut butter to size of large peas.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and butter. Slowly drizzle in buttermilk and incorporate well with fork. If needed, use hands to gently fold dough until it comes together completely and feels sticky.
- Once sticky, press dough into disc shape and cover with pastry cloth or plastic wrap. Chill in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl, combine berries, sugar, tapioca starch and almond extract and let sit for 10 minutes to macerate.
- Flour surface and roll out dough into large, ½-inch thick circle. Transfer to baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Arrange filling in center of dough, avoiding excess liquid released from fruit; leave 2-3 inch border.
- Fold edges of crust toward center, leaving filling exposed. Sprinkle on cinnamon.
- Whisk egg and brush over crust, then sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Cool for 20 minutes before serving. Top with mint leaves or ice cream, if desired.
Add the ingredients to your cart to get started!