Cranberry-Glazed Monkey Bread
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups whole cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup filtered water
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 4 17.5-oz cans store-bought organic cinnamon rolls*
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- In saucepan over medium-high heat, add all ingredients and stir to combine.
- Once cranberries begin to pop, continue stirring until mixture starts to thicken and cranberries are broken down. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Generously grease bundt pan with butter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove cinnamon rolls from packaging and tear each piece apart. Cut each single roll into four equal bite-size pieces.
- In bowl, whisk together sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg to combine.
- Drop each bite-size piece of cinnamon roll into the sugar-spice mixture. Toss and roll pieces of dough to fully coat.
- Once the cranberry topping cools, spoon half the sauce into the bottom of the prepared Bundt pan, evenly spreading it around.
- Layer dough on top by gently stacking each piece, tightly, until pan is ¾ full.
- Carefully pour remaining cranberry topping over dough balls until entire fully covered. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until tops are golden brown and the centers are cooked through (when inserted kitchen knife comes out clean – it’s ready).
- Remove from oven and allow monkey bread to cool for about 15-20 minutes. Then cover with large plate, flip the pan and release the bread.
- To serve, pull apart desired amount with your fingers (or cut with a knife if preferred).
- *Prefer homemade dough? Simply combine 2¼ teaspoons yeast and 1 tablespoon brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Slowly pour in warm milk butter mixture (1½ cups milk + ¼ cup unsalted butter heated together and cooled) and stir. Let mixture sit for 10 minutes to activate yeast (until it becomes foamy). Add 2 eggs, one at a time, and continue whisking until well combined. Next, in bowl, whisk together 5 cups all-purpose flour, ¼ cup brown sugar, ½ teaspoon sea salt and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Pour into wet ingredients and mix on low speed until well combined. Change mixer head to kneading accessory and knead dough for 5-10 minutes on medium-high speed until dough ball becomes smooth and elastic and springs back when lightly pressed with two fingers. Tip: If dough is too sticky, add 1 tablespoon flour at a time until dough-like texture is achieved. Once dough ball is perfectly kneaded, add it to a lightly greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let it sit and rise for 1 to 2 hours.
- Order the ingredients you need to make this festive recipe at Vitacost.com!