Wholesome Organic Molasses Unsulphured Description
- Mindfully Delicious
- USDA Organic
- Fair Trade Certified
- Non GMO Project Verified
- Gluten Free
- Naturally Vegan
Mindfully Delicious. Sweet is always better when it's wholesome. That's why we only use real and recognizable ingredients in our organic, better-for-you products. Every drop, spoonful and snack from Wholesome is always delicious and by choosing Wholesome, you are helping to make life sweeter for all.
Our organic molasses is made from pure organic sugar cane. It's a rich, full-bodied blackstrap molasses rich in moisture including Vitamin B6. Potassium, Calcium and Iron. The bold flavor is delicious in cookies, gingerbread, baked beans, BBQ sauces, marinades and more.
Gluten, animal ingredients and GMOs.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp. (20 g)
Servings per Container: 32
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||14 g||5%|
|Total Sugars (Incl. 10g Added Sugars)||10 g||20%|
Not a significant source of Sodium, Dietary Fiber, Protein, Vitamin A, or Vitamin C.
*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: Organic blackstrap molasses.
Consuming this product can expose you to chemicals including acrylamide, which are known to the State of California to cause disease and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Homemade Dark Rye Bread
Zoom past the bakery and head straight home to make bread. It’s not as difficult as you might think, and once you’ve done it, there’s really no going back. This dark rye recipe delivers two delicious loaves that you'll swear a pro baked. To get dark rye, you’ll need cocoa to give it a rich brown color, but the addition of cocoa powder won’t make your bread taste chocolaty. The small amount used just complements the richness of the molasses and the nutty sharpness of caraway. With the science-y mixing, the Zen-like act of kneading, the magic of the rising dough and the aromatherapy of fresh-baked bread, you’ll see what the bread-making buzz is all about.
Homemade Dark Rye Bread
- 2 pkgs. active dry yeast (4-1/2 tsp. or 16 g )
- 2-1/2 cups warm water (barely warm to the touch)
- 2/3 cup unsulfured molasses
- 2 Tbsp. caraway seeds (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups rye flour
- 5 cups bread flour
- In large metal bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water with molasses.
- To bowl, add (one at a time, stirring after each) salt, caraway seeds, oil, cocoa, all the rye flour and 2 cups of bread flour. Continue to add bread flour, one cup at a time, until dough is not as sticky and becomes too hard to mix with wooden spoon. (Note: Make sure you don't see any flour bits or clumps.)
- Onto clean flat surface, sprinkle ½ cup flour and place dough. Knead for 5-7 minutes, pulling back toward you and then pressing and stretching forward until it reaches smooth, elastic consistency.
- Coat large bowl with vegetable oil. Add dough, turning to coat in oil. Cover with damp cloth and let dough rise at room temperature 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- Once risen, place dough on floured, flat surface and knead a few more turns.
- Cut dough into two halves and shape into loaves.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (Note: If using baking stone, place in oven prior to preheating.)
- Arrange loaves in two oiled 8x4-inch bread pans. Let dough rise again to about twice its volume, about 30 minutes. (Note: After 30 minutes, dough will be visible over top of pan.)
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Add the ingredients you “knead” to your cart!