Wholesome Organic Raw Cane Turbinado Sugar Description
Unrefined, Golden Sugar Crystals
Perfect for Beverages, Baking, and Sprinkling
Fair Trade Certified
Sweet is always better when it's wholesome. That's why we only use real and recognizable ingredients in our organic, better-for-you products. Every drop spoonful and snack from Wholesome is always delicious. And by choosing Wholesome you are helping to make life sweeter for all.
Organic Turbinado Raw Cane Sugar
Turbinado gets it's name from the turbine that spins the large crystals. Each crunchy golden, raw sugar crystal captures a bit of natural molasses making it delightfully sweet and flavorful.
Use as a one-for-one replacement for refined white and brown sugars.
Gluten and GMOs
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 2 Tsp. (8 g)
Servings per Container: 85
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrates||8 g||3%|
| Total Sugars||8 g|
| Includes 8g Added Sugars||16%|
Other Ingredients: Organic raw cane turbinado sugar.*
*Fair Trade Certified by Fair Trade USA
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Simple Pineapple Upside Down Cake
With its cheery pineapple rings and bright maraschino cherry topping, pineapple upside down cake has a quirky retro charm. Maybe it was something your Midwestern grandma would serve to evoke a touch of the tropics on a winter day. This healthier-for-you version uplifts the classic, can (and should!) be served at any occasion, and is easier to make than it looks. Just strategically place pineapple and cherries in a baking pan, pour batter over the top and bake. It’s a fancy-looking cake with only a few extra, very simple steps. It’s gluten-free, dairy free and vegan friendly, and its flavors of coconut milk and pineapple provide a luscious, momentary getaway.
Simple Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 1-½ cup Gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. pink salt
- 1 Tbsp. egg replacer plus 2 Tbsp. water
- ½ cup turbinado sugar
- ½ cup sweetened condensed coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup pineapple juice (from canned pineapple)
- 7 rounds canned pineapple slices
- 7 maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease round baking pan with coconut oil. Place 3 pineapple slices across middle, then 2 slices above and 2 slices below so bottom of pan is covered.
- Place cherry into each pineapple ring center.
- In medium bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt. Add egg replacer and water, sugar, condensed coconut milk, oil and pineapple juice and stir to combine. Batter will be thick.
- Spoon dollops of batter over pineapple and cherries. Spread batter carefully to keep pineapple rings in place.
- Bake for 40 minutes. (Note: Batter will spread to cover pineapple and puff up.)
- Remove cake from oven when golden-brown. Allow cake to cool then place a plate on top and flip over to release.
Add the ingredients to your cart to make this cake!