Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Dark Brown Sugar Description
Wholesome Sweeteners Fair Trade Organic Dark Brown Sugar
A Soft, Moist Sweetener that Blends Easily in Recipes
Certified Organic and Fair Trade
Non-GMO, Kosher, Suiteable for Vegan, Vegetarian Diets
Full-Flavored and Especially Good in Sauces, Chocolate-Based Recipes, Chutneys and Casseroles
Made from Imported Ingredients and Packaged in Sugar Land, Texas
Wholesome Sweeteners Fair Trade Certified Organic Dark Brown Sugar is soft, moist and fine-grained. It is perfect for all your baking needs and especially good in cakes, cookies and sauces.
The Fair Trade Certified logo is Wholesome's guarantee that our farmers' cooperatives are paid directly for the cane grown and milled. This means that the farmers can compete with factory farms, cultivate the quality of their crops, send their kids to school and build thriving communities.
Wholesome Sweeteners Fair Trade Certified Organic Dark Brown Sugar is used enthusiastically by Chicago Executive Pastry Chef Gale Gand, co-owner of the award-winning Chicago Restaurant Tru and prolific cookbook author. Chef Gand is so delighted with the Fair Trade Certified Organic Dark Brown Sugar that she has allowed us to feature her photo and favorite recipe on the back of the packs. (Chef Gand is a non-compensated advocate of Wholesome Sweeteners.)
Use as a 1-for-1 replacement for refined dark brown sugar in any recipe.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Teaspoon
Servings per Container: 170
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||0||*|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||*|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g||0%|
| Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
| Sugars||4 g||*|
*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: Organic brown sugar.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Banana Bread French Toast
As they say, the clothes make the man and the bread makes the French toast. They say that, right? Dress up breakfast with this heavenly and surprisingly simple banana bread French toast. Topped with banana slices caramelized in brown sugar and butter, this is one of those recipes that’s so indulgent it’s almost too good to believe. Start with your favorite banana bread
and follow a couple of quick steps to impeccably stylish good taste.
Banana Bread French Toast
- 4 slices banana bread (2 inches thick)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. crème brûlée creamer (optional)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 bananas (2-inch slices)
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cream and cinnamon. Dredge each slice of banana bread and let soak 10 seconds.
- In pan over medium heat, heat one tablespoon butter. Arrange bread in pan. After about 1 minute, or once toast is golden-brown, flip and cook for another minute. Once all bread is cooked, remove to plate. (Note: Do not overcrowd pan.)
- In clean pan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter and add brown sugar to create caramel sauce. Add bananas and caramelize for 2 minutes. Flip bananas and cook another minute. Remove from pan.
- To serve, drizzle caramel sauce on plates. Add slice of French toast and top with bananas. Use powdered sugar or syrup, if desired.
Add the ingredients to your cart.