Wild Planet Albacore Wild Can Tuna No Salt Added Description
You've never tasted tuna like this before!
We hand-cut and pack delicious, premium tuna steaks. No liquid is added and all the Omega 3 oils are retained. Please do not drain. We use a smaller albacore which accumulate less mercury than larger tuna.
•Delicious White Tuna Steak
•Averages 800mg of EPA and DHA Omega 3 fatty acids per serving
•Preserve Marine Ecosystems-Choose Pole & Line Caught Tuna
Refrigerate after opening
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 2 oz (56 g)
Servings per Container: 2.5
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||35|
|Total Fat||3.5 g||5%|
| Saturated Fat||1 g||5%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g||0%|
Not a significant source of dietary fiber and sugars.
Other Ingredients: Albacore tuna (thunnus alalunga).
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Modern Tuna Noodle Casserole
Some days have us craving comfort food – those dishes with family history and easy goodness that feel like a warm hug. But with those retro dishes can come retro ingredients that may be charming in vintage kitchens but feel weighty on modern dining tables. In this recipe, tuna noodle casserole is made with an easy dairy-free sauce that feels just right. With its nutritious mix of gluten-free chickpea pasta, tuna, broccoli, carrots and peas, this feel-good meal brings new comfort to good old memories.
Modern Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Chickpea Fusilli
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 small yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 head broccoli (chopped)
- 4 carrots (chopped)
- 1-½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 3 (5-oz.) cans tuna
- 1/2 cup vegan cashew cream cheese
- 2/3 cup vegan cheese
- 3/4 cup Sproud Plant-Based Milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Coconut Oil with Butter Flavor
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt (+ more to taste)
- Pinch black pepper
- Fresh parsley (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large pot, cook pasta according to package directions, adding in peas when 1 minute of cooking time remains. Drain and set aside.
- In large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add onions, garlic, salt, carrots, broccoli and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, 7-8 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Turn off skillet. Stir in pasta/peas mixture and tuna until well combined. Set aside.
- In saucepan over low heat, stir together sauce ingredients until well combined and smooth, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour sauce over pasta mixture and gently stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until sauce is bubbling at the edges.
- To serve, sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
Get the ingredients you need to make this cozy casserole!