It’s time to bring out your fancy tableware. The nice dishes you registered for hardly ever get table time, after all. But these zucchini rolls up with salmon salad deserve the elegant setting. No ordinary serving dishes will do because these are no ordinary roll ups. Instead of mayonnaise in the salmon salad, chickpeas are used as a binder, giving the salad a unique texture and sophisticated flavor that compliments the softened, grilled zucchini. This dish makes a delightful appetizer for dinner or high tea.
Makes 24 rolls
Grapeseed spray oil
Salt and pepper
1 can (6 oz) wild salmon (boneless and skinless)
1/2 cup cooked chickpeas, rinsed
1/2 cup celery
2 mini bell peppers (about 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup basil leaves
1/4 tsp. each salt, pepper and onion powder
- Trim ends of zucchinis. Using a sharp knife or mandolin, thinly slice each zucchini into 12 slices.
- Spray each slice with grapeseed oil on both sides and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 2 minutes on each side until softened. Remove and set aside to cool.
- To make salad, pulse together remaining ingredients in food processor.
- On serving platter, scoop 2 Tbsp. salmon salad into each zucchini slice and wrap up to make rolls. If needed, secure with toothpick.