Al Dente Plant Based Pasta Chickpea & Turmeric Description
Combined with the flavors and health benefits of turmeric, these chickpea noodles offer a flavorful plant-based gluten-free pasta alternative customers will love. Each bag features pasta that is immediately dried to provide that just-made flavor. Golden colored pasta noodles are presented in a cellophane bag, communicating the simple ingredients used and attracting attention.
Add pasta to a pot of boiling, salted water.
Test after 3 minutes.
Drain. Toss with butter, oil or sauce.
Gluten and GMOs.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1.25 Cup Dry (55 g)
Servings per Container: 4
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||3 g||4%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||27 g||10%|
| Dietary Fiber||7 g||25%|
| Total Sugars||1 g|
| Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
Other Ingredients: Organic chickpea, turmeric.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Lightened-Up Carbonara Pasta
Classic carbonara pasta may be delicious, but it’s as rich as rich can be, loaded with eggs, hard cheese and thick-cut bacon. Because of its high fat and cholesterol content, it’s off the table for many, along with its unique taste experience. To help fill what some may feel is a considerable void (While others may feel that this version is the way it always should have been!) we offer this lightened-up, vegan dish. These better-for-you ingredients come together so beautifully, with a decadent creaminess, that you won’t remember it was ever made any other way.
Lightened-Up Carbonara Pasta
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) gluten-free pasta ( cooked)
- 1 pkg. (5 oz.) plant-based bacon or pork (cooked)
- Fresh parsley
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 tsp. garlic (minced)
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour
- 2-¾ cups plant-based milk
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp. cashew cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. vegan parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- In large pot, bring water to boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- In large pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté until onion turns translucent and begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over onions and stir to coat. Cook about 60 seconds.
- Whisk in all remaining ingredients and cook about 5 minutes until thickened, whisking as needed. (Note: If sauce gets too thick, add splash more plant-based milk; if sauce is too thin, cook it longer.)
In large bowl, combine pasta, bacon and sauce and toss together.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and black pepper.
Add the ingredients to your cart and order now!