Arrowhead Mills Organic Brown Rice Flour Gluten Free Description
Arrowhead Mills® brand was born in the Texas Panhandle back in 1960. We've grown, but we haven't changed how we do things. We're still using our same trusted milling process and building log-term relationships with our organic growers, working with them fact-to-face, day-to-day. Hard work, honesty, kindness, and business with a handshake - that's our process.
That's the Arrowhead way.
It's how we bring the awesome goodness of the land to your table and we're real proud of it.
Gluten Free / Low Fat / A Sodium Free Food
Gluten and GMO ingredients.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup (35 g)
Servings per Container: About 19
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||10|
|Total Fat||1 g||2%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||1%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||27 g||9%|
| Dietary Fiber||1 g||5%|
| Sugars||0 g|
Other Ingredients: Organic brown rice flour.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
View printable version
Gluten-Free Carrot Cake with Vegan Lemon Mascarpone Cream
Welcome spring or celebrate Easter or Passover with this healthier, gluten-free version of a classic layered carrot cake. It’s super moist and flavorful, with a melt-in-your-mouth texture made even more special with a luscious vegan
lemon mascarpone cream. The soft, crumbly cake, with its rich flavors of cinnamon, carrot and coconut, marries perfectly with the tart taste and creamy texture of the frosting. Raise a fork and celebrate hope, renewal and deliciousness!
Carrot Cake with Vegan Lemon Mascarpone Cream
- 3.2 oz. gluten-free oat flour
- 3.2 oz. brown rice flour
- 3.2 oz. almond flour
- 3 Tbsp. potato starch
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1-1/4 tsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- 6 oz. grated carrot
- 5 oz. coconut sugar (or regular sugar)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 7 Tbsp. non-dairy milk
- 3 Tbsp. flaxseed meal
Lemon mascarpone cream
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut whipping cream
- 1/2 lb. silken tofu
- 4 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 3-4 tsp. lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees F. Line quarter sheet cake pan with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, combine flaxseed meal and 7-1/2 Tbsp. water and set aside until thickened.
- To bowl, add oil and milk and whisk well. Add rest of wet ingredients and mix well.
- To same bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add white vinegar and mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth down evenly.
- Bake 15 minutes at 380 degrees F, then reduce to 360 degrees F and continue to bake 10 more minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely, wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Wrap tofu in several layers of paper towel, place between plates and add weight on top. Let drain overnight in refrigerator.
- Chill coconut whipping cream overnight in refrigerator.
- Set out mixing bowl. Open can of coconut cream and scoop out solidified cream on top and place in bowl. With electric hand mixer, beat until whipped.
- Add remaining mascarpone ingredients and continue to beat until smooth. (Note: Drained tofu weighs about half as much as solidified cream.)
- Cut chilled cake into two equal halves, place one half on plate and carefully spread lemon mascarpone cream on top. Place other half of cake on top and spread with more cream. Pipe with remaining cream. (Note: Because the cake is crumbly, if necessary, cut it crosswise and join pieces together on plate.)
- Chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
Get the quality ingredients you’ll need to create this cake!