Block Island BlockOut™ DST Sunscreen 50 SPF For Darker Skin Tones Description
For Mind & Body
UVA / UVB Broad Spectrum SPF 50
Water Resistant (40 Minutes)
Uses • helps prevent sunburn
BlockOut DST (for darker skin tones)Tinted Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 50
Hyperpigmentation is skin condition caused by, among other skin injuries, sun damage. Asian, Mediterranean and African skin tones are, in fact, more prone to hyperpigmentation caused by excessive sun exposure. Research has shown that melanocytes (cells that produce the pigment, melanin) become hyperactive when exposed to high levels of UV rays. As excessive exposure can cause dark uneven patches on the skin, we formulated our tinted BlockOut DST with an SPF of 50 to block both harmful UVA and UVB rays.
- apply liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure
- reapply: after 40 minutes of swimming or sweating; immediately after towel drying; at least every 2 hours
- Sun Protection Measures. Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin disease and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a Broad Spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including:
- limit time in the sun, especially from 10 am - 2 pm
- wear long-sleeve shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses
- children under 6 months: Ask a doctor
• protect this product from excessive heat and direct sun • may stain fabrics.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
For external use only
Do not use on damaged or broken skin.
When using this product Keep out of eyes. Rinse eyes with water to remove.
Stop use and ask a doctor if rash or irritation develops and last.
If product is swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.