Some people are destined to be the center of attention. They have a stage presence and are always ready to perform, simply because they’re filled with confidence. These vanilla protein cupcakes are no different. Their sweet, southern-style peach pie filling is so smooth and charming, there’s no doubt that these treats will win hearts. In fact, a booming applause wouldn’t be out of line. Don’t believe they’re that good? Just take a bite. The center of these cupcakes will get your attention.
Makes 14 cupcakes
Macros per cupcake: 247 calories | 6.8 g protein | 32.6 g carbs | 10.8 g fat | 19.6 g sugar | 1.3 g fiber
Vanilla Protein Cupcakes
1 egg, at room temperature
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 Tbsp. ghee
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1-1/4 cups sprouted whole wheat flour
1/2 cup Vitacost Xylitol
1/2 scoop ARO Natural Vanilla Whey Protein Complex PLUS
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
Peach Pie Filling
2 cups peaches, diced
1 Tbsp. Vitacost Organic Powdered Sugar
2 Tbsp. water
1 Tbsp. sprouted whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Vanilla Protein Frosting
1/2 cup ghee, at room temperature
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1-1/2 scoops ARO Vanilla Whey Protein Complex PLUS
2 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or paper liners.
2. In a small mixing bowl, add egg, yogurt, milk, ghee and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift together remaining cupcake ingredients.
4. Pour wet ingredients into bowl of dry ingredients. Using a handheld mixer, mix until well combined.
5. Evenly divide cupcake batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each mold about two-thirds full.
6. Bake 20 24 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool, while you prepare the filling.
7. In a small sauce pan over medium heat, add peaches, powdered sugar and lemon juice. Cook until there are no longer any lump and mixture has softened, about 8 to 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
In a small bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour and water.
8. Pour flour-water mixture into sauce pan with peaches. Stir until it thickens slightly. Remove from heat and place in fridge to cool.
9. Once cupcakes and filling have cooled, cut out the center of each cupcake to create a hole. Fill each hole with peach filling.
10. Prepare the vanilla frosting in a medium bowl with ghee and yogurt. Using a hand mixer, beat until smooth.
11. Add protein powder and powdered sugar. Continue to beat until smooth and creamy. Note: You can add more protein powder or powdered sugar to reach your desired frosting consistency.
12. Use a frosting knife to frost each cupcake.
13. In a blender, puree any remaining peach filling to drizzle on top of frosting.
Serve fresh or store in refrigerator up to 4 days. Let cupcakes come to room temperature before enjoying.