You must be 12 years of age or younger to order from the children’s menu. But sometimes, those just-for-kids items are the perfect portions. This is when personal-pan pizzas make a comeback. Grab a 6-inch round tortilla or pizza shell and load it with healthy toppings that go beyond the overly-stringy cheese and sugar-loaded tomato sauce. And because you’re an adult with free creative reign, why not make it a taco-inspired pie? Add as much chicken, lettuce, tomato and feta as you like, and suddenly “just for kids” becomes “just for you!”
Chicken Taco Pizza
4 oz. chicken breast, cooked
1 packet southwest-style taco seasoning
1/3 cup low-sodium black beans, drained & rinsed
1 oz. plain Greek yogurt
½ tsp. onion powder
¼ tsp. garlic salt
A few drops of Original Cholula Hot Sauce
1 tortilla or 6-inch pizza shell
Toppings (all optional):
2 Tbsp. sliced olives
2 Tbsp. diced tomatoes
1 oz. feta cheese
Handful of lettuce
Handful of cilantro
- Broil tortilla (or pizza shell) just until crisp.
- In a medium bowl, mash black beans.
- Add yogurt, onion powder, garlic salt and hot sauce. Stir until well combined.
- Spread sauce onto broiled tortilla or shell.
- Load up the toppings – as much as you like!