Say ciao to a new way of cooking. Italians may not have invented the slow cooker, but they know a thing or two about spending hours over a hot stove. That’s how they created classic combinations with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, basil and garlic. And that’s exactly how you’ll craft this slow-cooker chicken Parmesan. The only difference is your chicken gets a Greek twist and doesn’t require your watchful eye. Yassou, convenience!
2 chicken breasts
2 cans crushed tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
3 Tbsp. Gustus Vitae Taste of Greece Gourmet Seasoning
2 Tbsp. garlic paste
2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1. Cut chicken breasts in half, lengthwise.
2. In a slow cooker, add crushed tomatoes, basil leaves, Taste of Greece, garlic and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
3. Layer chicken breasts on top. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
4. Remove chicken from slow cooker and stir sauce to combine. Return chicken to slow cooker.
5. Sprinkle mozzarella on top, cover and cook another 10 minutes, or until cheese melts.
6. In a saucepan over high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, a sprinkle of Taste of Greece and breadcrumbs. Cook, stirring frequently, about 4-5 minutes.
7. Transfer breadcrumbs on a paper towel and blot any excess oil.
8. To serve, plate a small amount of sauce, top with a chicken breast, add more sauce and top with breadcrumbs.